Citroen 1963 ID

gleendoon

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi everyone , new here .. I have a 1963 ID for sale , it would make a great parts car due to rust issues in main subframe structure.. or if you are bored you may wish to resto , mechanically complete haven’t tried to start … missing drivers guard.. I don’t have …looking at $2500=ono … all genuine offers considered..car is located in Windsor nsw 2765 , if you want more pics please ask ..many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4911.jpeg
    IMG_4911.jpeg
    1,016.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_4913.jpeg
    IMG_4913.jpeg
    951.5 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_4914.jpeg
    IMG_4914.jpeg
    986.5 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4910.jpeg
    IMG_4910.jpeg
    1,001.9 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_4909.jpeg
    IMG_4909.jpeg
    837.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4908.jpeg
    IMG_4908.jpeg
    800.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_4916.jpeg
    IMG_4916.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_4915.jpeg
    IMG_4915.jpeg
    415.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4917.jpeg
    IMG_4917.jpeg
    485.5 KB · Views: 142
Apparently in Europe at least, the DS dashboard changed in September 61, but the ID dashboard did not change until September 64.

I have the LHD version of this dash in a US spec 1966 Break. Original, AFAIK.

ID19 parts catalogue No. 470 (April 1964 edition, July 1965 update) says the dash changed in September 1964, so for 1965 models.

Roger

Hi everyone , new here .. I have a 1963 ID for sale , it would make a great parts car due to rust issues in main subframe structure.. or if you are bored you may wish to resto , mechanically complete haven’t tried to start … missing drivers guard.. I don’t have …looking at $2500=ono … all genuine offers considered..car is located in Windsor nsw 2765 , if you want more pics please ask ..many thanks
Likely ‘65 model here. What is the chassis and engine no? Should be the same if assembled in Melbourne.

Here are the id plate and engine no

Attachments

• IMG_4930.jpeg
    IMG_4930.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4931.jpeg
    IMG_4931.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 84
This car was one of two that appeared on Facebook a few months ago and were then listed via Grays just recently. They may have been relisted, but the listings at the time show they closed without a bid.
The front guard and door from this sedan ended up on the Safari. See:
https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/index.php?threads/early-ids-on-facebook-marketplace.149681/

The series number 12188 makes it one of the very last Heidelberg cars, with 12193 being claimed to be the last known / final car. However, the engine/chassis number of this car is higher than the engine number of what is claimed to be the last known car, so what is actually the last car might depend on whether you follow the series number or the chassis number. It has been suggested the engine/chassis numbers are a bit random as they were picked from the store as needed and not in numbered order. Read more on this here if interested ...
https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/index.php?threads/longstroke-ds-id-census.92129/

This car was one of two that appeared on Facebook a few months ago and were then listed via Grays just recently. They may have been relisted, but the tlistings at the time show they closed without a bid.
The front guard and door from this sedan ended up on the Safari. See:
https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/index.php?threads/early-ids-on-facebook-marketplace.149681/

The series number 12188 makes it on of the very last Heidelberg cars, with 12193 being claimed to be the final car. However, the engine/chassis number of this car is higher than the engine number of what is claimed to be the last car, so what is actually the las car might depend on whether you follow the series number or the chassis number. It has been suggested the engine/chassis numbers are a bit random as they were picked from the store as needed and not in numbered order. Read more on this here if interested ...
https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/index.php?threads/longstroke-ds-id-census.92129/
Wow very interesting info !

6761 on the plate is the colour code and it suggests this car was originally painted in Alpine White.
Looking a bit further, it seems Series 12202 may be the youngest known survivor. Your car, #12188 is still right at the end of production. Here is some info on 12202 plus some photos a little down that page:
https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/i...stroke-ds-id-census.92129/page-6#post-1254088
I have 12216 in Qld. 2256761 Spartan Alpine White. Converted to LHM with 7 piston pump. Club rego. NFS. 12202 is also up this way.

I have 12216 in Qld. 2256761 Spartan Alpine White. Converted to LHM with 7 piston pump. Club rego. NFS. 12202 is also up this way.
Have been able to establish that ID19 engine/chassis number 193018756 was distributed in March 1966 as a new car to Citroen dealer McPhail of Forestville (Sydney). Records show paint colour was white and it had red upholstery. Having owned a 1965 model myself, it's a real shame to see this later dash model in such a sad shape. Ken

Wow , interesting , red interior..and white it would have looked great in its day … unfortunately it in my opinion it’s a spares car , I purchased it as restorable .. minumum rust … but it if far from it …you should never take someone’s word when buying a car … go inspect it first …...lesson learnt …

Looks like you are now the holder of the conch! I don't recall anything later in the Longstroke Census.

Wow , interesting , red interior..and white it would have looked great in its day … unfortunately it in my opinion it’s a spares car , I purchased it as restorable .. minumum rust … but it if far from it …you should never take someone’s word when buying a car … go inspect it first …...lesson learnt …
That rust looks quite serious in the sill. Front jacking points take a fair amount of work. However, the outer part of the sill hangs down and is open at the bottom while the actual box section is further in. So they can look much worse than they are if that outer panel is rusty and pushed inwards. The only way to know how extensive the rust is, is to remove the panels and have a good look. They are easy to remove for access. It might be relatively localised or it could be everywhere. The rust at the front is a bolt on panel and not structural. If you are interested in the parts and repair manuals, go to the sticky thread at the top of the forum and look at the archived version of the list of pdf publications on DropBox. The 'live' version seems to have vanished.
https://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/i...read-of-excellent-threads.118074/post-1363131

Last edited: