Cheap registrations

Its a shame that not all states have the same regulations.
That's the consequence of Federation..... Parish pump politics at the level of former self-governing colonies. I fear we are stuck with it.

Reactions: COL
Just to stir it a bit:

The states don't all have the same regulations but (AFAIK) there is 'reciprocity' ie if you take your NSW Historic Registered car to Victoria the authorities there will recognise and allow its usage (provided logbook completed etc) and vice-versa. Now what if I take my NSW Historic to Tassie (via ferry) towing my (legal in NSW) trailer - am I committing a felony?

Valiant club could pick that one up.
First car show I took the Reliant to they put me over with the other exotics.😉
Rolly (that's what everyone called my Reliant for some reason🤔) doesn't like associating with common folk.🤣
I could always paint him Rosso Corsa and join the Ferarri Club.🤷‍♂️

FB_IMG_1660652538298.jpg

First car show I took the Reliant to they put me over with the other exotics.😉
Rolly (that's what everyone called my Reliant for some reason🤔) doesn't like associating with common folk.🤣
I could always paint him Rosso Corsa and join the Ferarri Club.🤷‍♂️

View attachment 208975
better to blank over the rear side windows, respray in mustard yellow, and signwrite "Trotters Independent Traders" "New York Paris Hebel" where those windows are :D

QLD is a bit different in some regards.
You can attend an event that is sanctioned and advertised by any incorporated motoring club, it doesn't have to be directly sanctioned by your own club.
^this is very interesting and made me re-read the regulation. I had always assumed I could only drive to events from ‘my’ club. Opening this to ‘any’ club substantially increases the weekend drive options 👍

^ I have an interesting question regarding some old motorcycles I have on "club plates" here in NSW.
My bikes are on historic rego via the Ulysses Club, which is simply a nationwide organisation with multiple branches all around Australia (and overseas too for that matter!)
The NSW Log Book scheme allows 60 days in book plus club events 😉

Surely some one, somewhere in Ulysses has a club event each and every day?

Incidentally I also ride a few months each year with Ulysses Thailand. Reciprocal rights also with Ulysses Britain, South Africa, New Zealand, Cuba....! Clubs are a great way to organise travel. I have even joined jungle expeditions in the Philippines through club contacts 😎🌴🥥🍹Screenshot_20220818-223447~2.jpg

My bike is 25 years old this year - I believe in Vic I can get club rego for it and do it all cheaply. Yes, I'm a member of the marque club - in NSW.

I'm frustrated that in NSW I have to wait until the bike is 30 YO before I can do that......grrrr

Cheers

Justin

My bike is 25 years old this year - I believe in Vic I can get club rego for it and do it all cheaply. Yes, I'm a member of the marque club - in NSW.

I'm frustrated that in NSW I have to wait until the bike is 30 YO before I can do that......grrrr

Cheers

Justin
2 years to go and I'll get the 100 year old "special offer" on this rocket.😉🤣🤣

Resized_20211029_171609(1).jpeg

Hmm some parts on that 100 year old rocket look, say not quite that old ?? Just sayin' :sneaky:
Jaahn

Hmm some parts on that 100 year old rocket look, say not quite that old ?? Just sayin' :sneaky:
Jaahn
Yes, it's been on another thread, can't remember which, where I detailed the changes.
This is what I bought and I didn't use the wheels, as BE tyres are a little thin on the ground in the Douglas' size and $$$ if you find them. Took 3 months to assemble and make the necessary bits and bobs. Rest assured it rides and performs as it should. I made a V block (rear only) "brake" and hand shifter and the kickstart only engine has slightly less power than the original. Replacement wheels and tyres are the same width, tread and OD as the 26" BEs that it originally had.
I had an really old guy ask to sit on it as he had one "just like it" when he was a young fellow.
I had to half lift him on, but he had a grin from ear to ear. I didnt tell him any different.🤷‍♂️

Resized_20211029_171735.jpeg