Cameron's 205 Mi16 Build

I mean the two oil gallery bungs, not the welsh plugs.

There's one at each end. How can you clean out the bock thoroughly if you don't unscrew them? Any glass left caught in there will destroy your new engine in seconds.

Attachments

• oil gallery bung.jpg
    oil gallery bung.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 579
Ah ok was going to pull them out, not sure if I've got a large enough socket. I've taken out all the other plugs

And glass? Soda blasting?

UPDATE: absolutely nothing at all, except my purchase of a new motor because the old one is trash, is now delayed due to a very badly slipping commodore clutch! ebay special and put a for sale sign in the window.

bought this little ....."gem".... for 200 bucks. engine starts, which is more than i can say about mine! misfire cylinder 4, will throw a spare set of plugs in it and swap the injectors..wish i didnt just sell all my spares! blowing alot of blue smoke is also an understatement, didnt see it because it only does it once its been running for over a few minutes. just a meantime engine, so to speak, unless i cant cheaply fix this oil burning, or if its just been sitting for too long

worth mentioning i did the clutch in the time bomb

note to self, dont exceed towing capacity by more than thrice

Attachments

• IMG_3427.jpg
    IMG_3427.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
engine will probably need an overhaul. not sure what i should do. get a head service and new valve stem seals, hope the smoke goes away? or just scrap it? got a bottom end knock, but im off the rails and not bothered by that if it means i can get the 205 rolling again while i get another motor. still on the lookout for a gti6/mi16 long motor.

Edit: found one

Last edited:
If it smokes AFTER start-up as you suggested in your first post, it's rings not valve stem seals that are the problem. Full rebuild or replace are the options I'd say.

Takes about 5 minutes before it starts smoking from cold. I'll just scrap it, rather spend the cash on a new motor, hang onto the commodore a bit longer, wont hurt :p

I have a motor, lucky dip you can have for $75.

Apparently was okay when pulled from the car.

I want the sump though.

will think about it. if you have any spare oil hoses, that would tempt me more, most on this one were trash. I can re-use this sump. can i give you the be1 for credit? :p

I wish people wouldnt mess with my mode of transport/worldly possessions, and cook the coil...

thankfully my 1.9 mi16 is still alive in spirit and helping a comrade live on.

found another motor, need to get a modified exhaust manifold, wiring and ecu and possibly a short radiator..updates soon. Will be selling off alot of old parts as of now(ish)

Attachments

• IMG_3474.jpg
    IMG_3474.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_3477.jpg
    IMG_3477.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Pretty sure I saw your $200 wreck being towed on the F3 the other day - northbound!