Cameron's 205 Mi16 Build

haha yes! at a leisurely pace as well..you going southbound or overtook me? top speed up the big dipper was 60...

So the wreck has gone to the scrap heap and ive got a big pile of spares off it. im playing the waiting game at the moment, for stuff from england. oh yeah got a gti6 motor.. gearbox is all bolted up and waiting on a response re a billet crank pulley as this one has slipped albeit only marginally..

I have a billet pulley ready to go on mine in the next couple of weeks along with new belts, tensioners & water pump. How can you tell if the crank pulley has slipped?

I'm starting to freak out about the whole exercise as it gets closer to happening. My philosophy at this stage is no beer until its finished and check everything at least 100x before attempting to re-start.

Did you get your pulley from Miles?

ive actually emailed lynx but havent got a response. waiting on my modified exhaust manifold from miles before i go and order it. a different pug racing mob (not miles) was messing me around, bought a wiring harness on ebay and he tried to upsell me an unlocked ecu, green injectors to suit (engine came from a citroen with shit injectors) and the oil pressure adapter. then went quiet for a week and a bit. finally given me a final price as im doing it through ebay..

I have a billet pulley ready to go on mine in the next couple of weeks along with new belts, tensioners & water pump. How can you tell if the crank pulley has slipped?

as per peugeots documentation, if you pin the crank and you cant pin the cams, its slipped and must be replaced.

still playing the waiting game for parts from england damnit! got bored, bought this for $400 bucks, shits all over the vb. was told it had a major gearbox issue, auto slipping when hot but i think it was the last owners imagination!

Attachments

• IMG_3897.jpg
    IMG_3897.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 348
Finally! I've been waiting on a solid crank pulley from England and its arrived.. I can now start on the big backlog of work. Did get my wiring harness, ecu and injectors eventually. All that's left is the oil gauge adapter, fit timing belt kit and new manual tensioner, put the engine in the car, wire it up, manifold on, replace my fuel hose from the tank with pipe I borrowed of the 200 205 wreck, fit coolant hoses subframe on and (hopefully) that's it! Might need a shortened radiator..

Finally! I've been waiting on a solid crank pulley from England and its arrived.. I can now start on the big backlog of work. Did get my wiring harness, ecu and injectors eventually. All that's left is the oil gauge adapter, fit timing belt kit and new manual tensioner, put the engine in the car, wire it up, manifold on, replace my fuel hose from the tank with pipe I borrowed of the 200 205 wreck, fit coolant hoses subframe on and (hopefully) that's it! Might need a shortened radiator..

Can you tell me where you got the wiring harness?

so i think the title is now a little deceiving..ive got some time off work at the moment and this was accomplished in a few hours thanks to beer. Not sure if it was help or hindrance.

Low and behold, master cylinder lack of clearance...tits. I'll get the subframe on so i know what angle it will really be sitting at when at rest, the car is jacked up quite high, i slid the motor underneath and lifted it up.

WP_20130220_001.jpgWP_20130220_003.jpgWP_20130220_005.jpgWP_20130220_008.jpg

Last edited:
you mean the one in the cam box cover? if so, i will tomorrow, and get the dremel sander onto the plastic cover also, but only a little and not all the way through, its only just scraping. cam box is touching a fair bit.

if not, which are your referring to?

no that was on the pulley, it was from a member from overseas, Miles from the 205 gti forum but his ebay shop i think