C5 pollution fault

You are not looking for the EGR valve. You are looking at the air mixer (aka Air Doser) on the engine air inlet, at the front of the engine. Look for a rod on a vacuum capsule that is now loose.

Thanks David understood now I will investigate tomorrow .
just do not want to immobilise the car at this time

David s knows his stuff .
exactly what he suggested the vacuum pod rod had separated from the butterfly lever .
popped it back on after taking the turbo pipe of to get access .
questions still .
the turbo rubber hose was very sticky and looks like it is degrading replace ?
2. the vaccum unit tube to unit connection should their be anything to hold it in as seems again very soft and goopy and very easy to dislodge .
thanks again to the brains trust .
now to see how it runs ?

success full revs no more choking .
cannot thank David S enough pity your not in WA there would be a bottle of red on your doorstep 😉

PXL_20220910_042754008~2.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220910_042714297~2.jpg
    PXL_20220910_042714297~2.jpg
    687.9 KB · Views: 73
my querie now is will this vaccum rod just disengage again and or the vaccum pipe just fall out .
bad design or just fair wear and tear .
solution ?

rather than farting about trying to Jerry rig the vacuum capsule I may just order a new one .
anyone used these guys

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220910-224207.png
    Screenshot_20220910-224207.png
    706.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20220910-224229.png
    Screenshot_20220910-224229.png
    842.4 KB · Views: 76
Expect it to fall off again, but as it still functions OK you might as well clean it up and tie it together with something like a cut large nitrile o-ring. It's likely leaking from the spindles, which would be why things nearby are wet. That is another reason to think about replacing it, but it's not an urgent job. You might check with the local dealer, EAI and Dapco about the part.

This diaphragm repair kit might be of interest for anyone with a failed vacuum capsule in a suitable mixer unit:

thanks David .
I followed another thread on a UK forum and turned the rod 180 degree as it was still falling of but all good now except for the filth . black muck everywhere .
weird system .
can you install a catch can to trap all this muck ?
and is the vacuum hose unit available as a unit .
dealer in WA is an oxy Moron
would I be best to replace the full doser unit , boost pipes and vacuum pipe set ? and be right for another 100k which should see all the rubber and plastic on the car gone to earth .

I have just come home from a trip to Orange NSW in our C5 RHR diesel and on the way home similar problems occurred as happened to Archrival. But I also had a warning beep come up when I tried to engage the cruise control, and it refused to engage. There was loss of power and it felt like there was an issue with the turbo. I have had the EGR disconnected for over a year because of ongoing problems and its always driven great but the CEL is usually on with the accompanying depollution warning. Never had any issues till today, so Im thinking that I might have the same problem as Archrival. Any ideas on that and how it might relate to the cruisecontrol?
I will check the connection to the vacuum capsule tomorrow. Hopefully thats it.

the ecu will delete access to multiple functions if this happens .
I have been researching UK forums .
this

Anton,

I think what you are experiencing is the engine going into limp home mode. Maybe you need to relook at the engine codes to see if anything else has gone wrong. As far as I know the RHR has a different doseur system that doesn't have the same problems as the RHH.

Cheers, Ken

Anton, look for the broken Y-piece in the vacuum lines near the oil filter. (Well covered before - refer Excellent Threads sticky) That's a common cause of power loss in vehicles with the RHR / DW10B engine. Beyond that, blocked particle filter, run out of Eolys ... depends on how many kms and which pollution fault codes are present. Loss of cruise control is a common downgrade mode for many drivetrain faults. See that as a symptom only.

Thanks Ken and David.
I checked a lot of stuff this morning and couldn't find anything obvious. However, I have had the EGR disconnected for a long time and I thought to connect it up again. Then went for a long drive and it was hunting as it used to do before I disconnected the EGR (btw its a new EGR) but it had power and the cruise control worked. I wonder whether the loose connector was shorting on something. I will do a few more checks and also check for the dreaded broken Y piece. Eolys fluid was replaced not that long ago. Car has 266k. I might try putting a blanking plate in to block the EGR rather than just unplugging it.
Unfortunately I dont have the gear to read the codes.