C4 Auto Trans Fluid Spec?

aha OK thanks very much Jaahn - that makes sense the plastic tube must be high up inside (not entirely visible from outside at all). I will drain again and try to locate the plastic tube inside. Once again thanks you da boss.
Mouka you will not easily see the end of the plastic tube, because hot oil is dripping down from the hole and you will not want your eyes there. I forget how far up it is, possibly 25-30mm and the nylon tube has an 8mm hexagon hole right up through the center. You should just put the long end of an allen key up inside as far as it goes so you can engage quite a lot of the length to avoid stripping the plastic hex out. I have done a couple that were a bit tight but all came out OK. No need for much tightening when refitting as it cannot fall out past the plug. The thread is the same as the plug thread and just goes further up into the transmission body to a shoulder to set the correct height.
jaahn
These are pictures off VW sites as they had the same setup some years before. They are shown upside down of course. The drain plug and the level tube as I remember they were the same size allen key on a VW. We had a couple in our family that I maintained as well as the Frenchies.
1688447948539.png
1688447916838.png

Last edited:
Thanks guys appreciate the detail and the figures all makes sense. I was not aware there was this version.