C2 Sensodrive Problem - Gears Dissapear

Are you in the NRMA by any chance?
If so, may be the go to spend a couple of minutes on the phone to them and see if they'll take the fight up on your behalf.

Alan S :2cents:

Make sure you backup your phone calls to the dealer with an email highlighting your concerns. That way, if an accident occurs through this fault, you'll have proof you notified them, as it could also end up in a legal stouch :mallet:

Yeah, unless they can clean things up very smartly, I would'nt rule out legal action. But you want to try every other option first obviously. See how they handle the problem once they have your car.

At this stage they sound even negligent in their level of concern.

As others have said, you could try contacting ATECO.

BalleR said:
Well i rang the service department straight after i got back, and they couldnt book me in this week. So next monday, theyre doing somthing about it. The guy fed me some jargon about the problem. But i see right through the jargon. Point is, theyre rectifying it when it suits them! They dont seem very fussed about it.

Wouldnt it be in thier best interests to fix the problem immediately. Before someone gets hurt or the car gets damaged. If i were them, id pick the car up, fix it and return it. To me, i dont have the time to chase these things up.

Thats Crap from the Dealer!
Ring ATECO....your car is potentially dangerous now.
If they don't help, then (and I hate to say it) go to a newspaper or something!
I can't believe the response the dealer is giving you!

Before going to the media, i think you should send them a letter from your lawyer.

However at this stage, if you really are angry, you could ring and simply say that if they don't sort it out ASAP, the next person your talking to is your lawyer.

But there are other steps that could be taken first, yet.

Have any of you tried this

If you require maintenance assistance and are a member of Citroën Roadside Assistance, we are available to answer your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Phone 1800 600 005.
Or does this only apply to cars with leather upholstery :clown:

Im no longer a member of NRMA, given my renault clio had roadside assistance, as do my other cars. I might get onto ateco tomorrow just to explain the situation and see what they think, and if they regard it as a suitable response.

In this instance, i dont really need roadside assistance, as i eventually get the car moving after a couple of minutes.

Clio Cup said:
Make sure you backup your phone calls to the dealer with an email highlighting your concerns. That way, if an accident occurs through this fault, you'll have proof you notified them, as it could also end up in a legal stouch :mallet:

And when you do have a crash the proof would turn around and bite you on the @rse as they would say you were knowingly driving a faulty vehicle.:nownow:

Please make contact with ATECO or Dept Fair Trading or both as soon as possible. The best solution is to go to the source rather than to try to achieve some sort of satisfaction and possibly create further disharmony by only complaining to us on AF.

Sensodrive

Hi all just thught I would share my experiences with you all.

Had my C2 since SEP04 and the car was going into 'Snow Mode' intermittantly from a stopped position. Effectivly the car was starting off in 2nd which is not ideal when you need to put the foot down to get accross an intersection.

Took the car back under warranty and it seened to go away for about 1000K's. After that the car at times was cycling between gears when stationary. Took the car back again and I was lucky enough to have the problem occur in front of the mechanic. He threw it on the computer and noticed a bug in the software and proceded to fix it on the spot.

12 Months and 20000K's later and I have not had any further problems.

If it helps my service center is Nth Melbourne Citroen and they seem pretty helpfull and switched on.

Maybe your local dealer is unwilling to help because of his lack of understanding of the Sensodrive. Suggest that you get him to talk to the mechanics down here at Melbourne.

Good luck..
Adam

Yep, its exactly as you describe it Adam. Im glad im not the only one who has had the problem, it would make it more difficult to figure out otherwise, as i wasnt sure initially what was going on.

If theyre unsure on monday, i might refer them to that service centre. But one of the guys at the service department seems pretty cluey as to whats wrong. And I think theyre aware of the problem now.

All should be well after Monday I hope.

its just a common problem with the early version of the software..
i havn't really heard of anyone having the problem since the software was updated..
ive never experienced any major problems with sensodrive..
best thing citroen have brought out..
its not 100% perfect, its great fun..but you have to learn to to drive with it..like any car on the road you adapt to it..