C2 Sensodrive Problem - Gears Dissapear

BalleR said:
Basically, the problem cant be rectified untill i reach 1500kms, the first service check. Then they will apparently "update" the software. So it wasnt very confidence inspiring.
What a crock of sh*t. Once again a dealer is giving the customer the run around. Of course your car can be dealt with, they just don't want to do it at your convience, rather they want to do it at theirs.

ajpolden said:
Yep - common cold. You can tell by the snowflake symbol :clown:
Oh that's all right, we have a cure for that now....

Haha reminds of the first 18 months with our Xantia; used to stall at inopportune times, like halfway through a busy two-lane roundabout or when you were turning across three lanes of traffic. Not often. But often enough. Hopefully yours will be easier to sort.

kermit said:
What a crock of sh*t. Once again a dealer is giving the customer the run around. Of course your car can be dealt with, they just don't want to do it at your convience, rather they want to do it at theirs.

If that happened to me I'll tell them I refuse to pick the car up until it's fixed and see what their response is. And frankly I don't think they'll refuse to fix it in that case. Best bit will be calling Ateco on the spot and see if the dealer is willing to fix it, I'm sure a complaint on their book is any good. I don't see the reason for them not to upgrade the software now if they know there's a fix and obviously they will have the fix upgrade.

Of course that'll follow a beautifully crafted letter to the editor to Drive and CarsGuide, I'm sure there'll be some coverage.

Jason

J206GTI said:
Best bit will be calling Ateco on the spot and see if the dealer is willing to fix it, I'm sure a complaint on their book is any good.
I've got Miles Williams' email address if that is of any use.

Well, i don know guys.

Maybe i should take the car elsewhere to get an update. I really dont have time or patience for this crap either. I assumed that they would have updated it today, but it took them about an hr just to look at the damn thing.
I didnt have time to hang around there all day either, i have better things to do.

You think by buying a new car, that you wouldnt have to deal with this.

kermit said:
Does your bull work for Citroen Australia.

Sounds like the tit might run a dealership in Sydney.
Bloody hopeless bunch if ever I struck one. Some of the head honchos when I was in the game would be down there tearing a fresh @r$01e in them long before this.
Looks like the business isn't competitive enough these days or they can't handle the pace, either way they need to be hung drawn and quartered treating a customer like this.

Alan S

Alan S said:
So.....if these boxes are having problems in just one or two brands of cars, ask yourself why? It has to come back to the people doing the service.

Erm, is there anyone else apart from Alfa & Citroen using the Selespeed/Sensodrive gearbox?

Pug307 said:
Erm, is there anyone else apart from Alfa & Citroen using the Selespeed/Sensodrive gearbox?

Fiat, in the Stilo Abarth. Fortunately they are sensible enough to offer a manual version of the car now as well.

Troy.

BalleR said:
Well, i don know guys.

Maybe i should take the car elsewhere to get an update. I really dont have time or patience for this crap either. I assumed that they would have updated it today, but it took them about an hr just to look at the damn thing.
I didnt have time to hang around there all day either, i have better things to do.

You think by buying a new car, that you wouldnt have to deal with this.

I'm surprised a dualer with Lexus on the side is that bad. Lexus have well renowned customer service and don't put up with that sort of crap. My ex-boss had a GS300 and then a RX330. They would send a guy down to pick the car up from work in the morning, and return it, serviced and fully washed in the afternoon. Nothing ever went wrong with his two examples, so...

Anyway, I'd simply drop the car off to the dealer and say "fix it and return it to me when it's been fixed". Complete loss of drive is in my opinion just as bad as unintended acceleration, or similar:

http://www.autosafety.org/article.php?scid=93&did=362

thanks,
Andrew

vanderaj said:
My ex-boss had a GS300 and then a RX330. They would send a guy down to pick the car up from work in the morning, and return it, serviced and fully washed in the afternoon. Nothing ever went wrong with his two examples, so...
You get what you pay for.

vanderaj said:
I'm surprised a dualer with Lexus on the side is that bad. Lexus have well renowned customer service and don't put up with that sort of crap. My ex-boss had a GS300 and then a RX330. They would send a guy down to pick the car up from work in the morning, and return it, serviced and fully washed in the afternoon. Nothing ever went wrong with his two examples, so...

Anyway, I'd simply drop the car off to the dealer and say "fix it and return it to me when it's been fixed". Complete loss of drive is in my opinion just as bad as unintended acceleration, or similar:

http://www.autosafety.org/article.php?scid=93&did=362

thanks,
Andrew

Easily explained IMHO.
Lexus/Toyota distributors put customers first always.
ATECO seem to always go with the dealer; it's a case of priorities. Take a look at Daniels case with the fuel injector scam he got caught up in. Anybody buying a new Cit after that needs their head reading.
It was a blatant case of 'dealer shafts customer; doesn't go into bat for him for a claim. Distributor has attitude that dealer is always right and doesn't take circumstances into account so robotically rejects approach from customer without dealer back up.'
That case would have flown through a Toyota dealers and the dealer concerned would have been carpeted had he acted that way with a Toyota customer of that I have no doubts. I worked for a Toyota Dealer and a big one and these things just didn't happen. You wouldn't let it, unless you intended retiring as a Toyota dealer anyway!! :eek: :nownow:

Alan S :2cents:

I've had two little glitches occur with mine (36K old now)
1. At the bottom of Bulli pass got into 2nd gear (can't remember if I was in MAN or AUTO tho') and that's where it stayed. I pulled up around the corner, switched off and restarted normally. That was when the car was fairly new. The dealer was at a loss to explain.
2. Just recently started up and got the flashing snowflake thing with no ability to select a gear. Shut down a few times and on the third start all back to normal. I rang the dealer, and actually got the same thing about accidently brushing the 'snow' button. He was also embarrassed.....perhaps its something in the training package that hasn't been deleted for Aussie mechanics? Anyway, its bound to be software related. (BTW I've had 2 software updates.)
I also agree with one of the earlier comments: it as absolute bullsheet (no, I'm not Spanish!) that the dealer cannot do anything until the 1500K service!! I hope this is not an omen about the level of service you can expect from them. I'd be talking to ATECO too....I'm sure they're trying to get a stronger foothold in the Aust market with the brand and that sort of krap (no, I'm not German either!) won't help their case!
I have to be honest....I've had a few issues with the car since delivery. I take a philosophical attitude to that (Jeeze, a mate of mine had far more trouble with his new 5-series BMW!!!) but I've been really impressed with the level of support from my dealer (Corban at Wollongong) and also ATECO, who recently authorised - without any dramas - the replacement of my clutch. Sure, thats what we should expect; perhaps it is a matter of getting what we pay for, but my mate with the Bimmer may beg to differ!
In any event - Good luck with it! :wink2:

Well it happened again today, middle of pacific hwy, almost got side swiped. Nice. Snow flake, with the beeping sound. It couldnt have happened in a better place!!

BalleR said:
Well it happened again today, middle of pacific hwy, almost got side swiped. Nice. Snow flake, with the beeping sound. It couldnt have happened in a better place!!

That's disgraceful. I can't believe they returned a car in that condition. :confused: Words don't describe. My full sympathies go out to you.:) Has there been a response from the dealer? Does it take an accident to get something done?

I'm about to pick mine up from Paramatta Citroen (Lincorp). They've had it for three days (working on it for two - because I had no loan car it's taken an extra day to pick it up) and say they've "installed a new software package from France". We'll see what the result is.:(

Tony.

Well i rang the service department straight after i got back, and they couldnt book me in this week. So next monday, theyre doing somthing about it. The guy fed me some jargon about the problem. But i see right through the jargon. Point is, theyre rectifying it when it suits them! They dont seem very fussed about it.

Wouldnt it be in thier best interests to fix the problem immediately. Before someone gets hurt or the car gets damaged. If i were them, id pick the car up, fix it and return it. To me, i dont have the time to chase these things up.

In your case Tony, i would have thought that theyd give you a car to get around in, seing as its thier problem, and theyre inconveniencing you. Already, thats pretty bad service from them. No tact whatsoever.