Any BX16v in Syd want to take my BX16v for a spin

twm

Fellow Frogger
Hi There

I need to benchmark my 16v to see how it is performing, and I thought the best way may be to let someone who has had one for a while behind the wheel and maybe take me for a spin in theirs.

Anyone interested must be an experienced BX16v current owner. :wink2:

(no joyriders allowed)

I own an Mi16x4. Closet thing you'll get to a BX16V and I live nearby.

I'm looking for a 16v to benchmark my car too Terry. It's hard to know if certain characteristics are common to my particular car, or whether it affects all 16v's.

What do you suggest?

I know where PeterT lives and he would be a great technical resource if questions arise :)

macquered said:
I know where PeterT lives and he would be a great technical resource if questions arise :)

what! I just wanted to see if would pull 7000 RPM in 5th!

Yes exactly, I want you to tell me why mine can't do just that :D

Uga Boga said:
LOL - Who'd want to joy ride a BX16V? :roflmao: :roflmao:

C'mon, volunteer, you could get lucky; they might invite you along, but only if they can post a pic of the look on your face when the back wheel lifts off the ground halfway through a fast off cambered corner. :eek: :banana: :joker:

Alan S :roflmao: :roflmao:

Alan S said:
C'mon, volunteer, you could get lucky; they might invite you along, but only if they can post a pic of the look on your face when the back wheel lifts off the ground halfway through a fast off cambered corner. :eek: :banana: :joker:

Alan S :roflmao: :roflmao:

Hi Alan

I thought you might comment in this thread, nice to hear from you.

BTW Only near the rear wheels to stop the exhuast catching :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Last edited:
macquered said:
I'm looking for a 16v to benchmark my car too Terry. It's hard to know if certain characteristics are common to my particular car, or whether it affects all 16v's.

What do you suggest?

I think we should have a get together somewhere,lets PM on the location.

We could do some comparison testing I think it would be interesting and fun.

Shame we cant get AlanS down here as well.

HAve to think of a somwhere out of the way with a long straight stretch. Dont know if we could get on one of the tracks somewhere. Lets hunt around and see what we come up with. Would prefer to keep the location quiet.

I might suggest that we all fuel up at the same spot as well for the test.

Maybe we can meet up somewher first for a chat. I will be in the Bondi area on Thursday.

Thinking caps on :crazy:

BTW I have a exhaust gas analyser that you can try out as well if you like.

PeterT said:
I own an Mi16x4. Closet thing you'll get to a BX16V and I live nearby.

Peter

Might invite you along if you can keep up ! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

(lots of repsect)

twm said:
Peter

Might invite you along if you can keep up ! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

(lots of repsect)

Nah, a poogoe would never keep up ... Unless possibly it's a 160hp version (he's gotto power a transfer case, tailshaft extra diff ... extra weight ...). No doubt he'd be quicker off the line though :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

seeya,
Shane L.
PS: I'll be a test pilot too if you like :D

Hi, I'd love to test drive your BX but I'm on the other side of the planet!! I spent 9months rebuilding mine and it will pull 7200RPM in 5th. I think they are great cars apart from the amount of hi-octane fuel mine gets through :cry: (21MPG around town :( ) If you're ever in the UK you'd be welcome to have a go in mine!
I'm new to this site but my best mate smiffy1071 has access to the toadpond and humour and I dont :cry: ! Is this because I haven't posted enough???? Cheers Chris

I've driven daves hybrid a bit :)

Does that count?

Ken

Plus, you'd get a drive of the AX ! ;)

AxGT said:
I've driven daves hybrid a bit

As well as doing skids and racing Liberty B4's in my GT :nownow:

Dave :D

Last edited:
twm said:
Only the brave :D :D

Regards

hehe, well, you'd have to be brave, or have a certain degree of confidence in the driver, it's a moving heap of plastic! :roflmao:

Just Joking :cheers:

Uga Boga said:
hehe, well, you'd have to be brave, or have a certain degree of confidence in the driver, it's a moving heap of plastic! :roflmao:

Just Joking :cheers:

Careful Uga, we are talking about a real Citroen with real Citroen suspension, not a Poogoo in drag. ;)

Troy.

I reckon I could find more plastic in your C4 :tongue:

Dave

Dave said:
I reckon I could find more plastic in your C4 :tongue:

Dave

Don't be so sure, we all know the high content of plastic panels in the BX :D