Any 308 GTi 270 owners here?

Did a little driving today. It's not a benign object this 308 GTi. Quite hyperactive an a twisty road. This isn't criticism at all. I'm actually surprised at the way it moves around. I can't believe I'm saying this though, a little Hyundai-esque i30n pop and crackle theatre wouldn't go astray.

Bought a ‘16 308GTi last week. Just starting to explore the French world a bit, although I did trade up from a 208GTi. Love the specs and the package, but haven’t had a real good look into preventables and maintenance catches. Look forward to getting around the forum.

Bought a ‘16 308GTi last week. Just starting to explore the French world a bit, although I did trade up from a 208GTi. Love the specs and the package, but haven’t had a real good look into preventables and maintenance catches. Look forward to getting around the forum.
Welcome! And share your thoughts after a few weeks. I'm still on the fence, but haven't driven it enough to really gel with it. I'm quite surprised at how pointy the front end is and the firmness or lack of weight at the rear can cause a feeling of skipping about on a bumpy corner. It is definitely not boring though.

Welcome! And share your thoughts after a few weeks. I'm still on the fence, but haven't driven it enough to really gel with it. I'm quite surprised at how pointy the front end is and the firmness or lack of weight at the rear can cause a feeling of skipping about on a bumpy corner. It is definitely not boring though.
I drove some distance home, so have already put 1600klm on the 308. Straight up, much more powerful than the 208, the extra width is noticeable, but the diff in the front is also noticeable, hugging much more than the 208. Much more controlled pulling through corners and a feeling of more security then the 208. Bumpier than the 208. Much too quiet. Coming from The 208 with a rear muffler delete, am unsure whether to do a centre or rear delete on this car. Loved the driving position of both of them from the moment I sat in them with dash over wheel. I kiss the red rings around the cluster, these were a quirk that made me smile every time in the 208, don’t know why there aren’t in the 308. The seats on the 308 are more supportive, the 208 dug/hunched more. I’m prob just a little to tall really for the 308 sear, but still comfortable. The massage is nice on long trips, just shifting the lumbar support. Steering is noticeably heavier than the 208, but has better road feel because of this. The gear stick sits higher than the 208, which takes some getting used to, I have seen shirt shifters mentioned and may look into this. Clutch is heavier than the extremely light 208, but this did have a newer clutch. Fuel consumption is very similar to the 208, not that I’ve driven or compared the two exactly on the same trip, but probably within 1l/100. Back seats are wider in the 308, but leg room doesn’t really seem all that different, deceptive with the folding seat access. Really only got the 308 to fit the kids in a bit quicker for school pickups etc with the 4 doors. boot is much bigger. I read about the absence of a spare, makes sense now, thought the previous owner had kept the jack and spare. But I’ll probably find one off the 3008. That about all I can think of at the moment. I like my licence too much to really play around with it, I’m not into belting cars too hard, just nice to have the beans.

My driving impressions after a few weeks. I agree with a lot of what Lamborghinifan said. Although I don't have the 208 to compare it to. I find the driving position great. I have my seat set low, the wheel low and I have a perfect view of the dash. The gear shift is right where I want it. Super happy with this setup. However, yep, the car is too quiet in every way apart from tyre noise. The previous owner fit a new set of Pirelli P Zero just before I bought it... Wish he hadn't. They are noisy and harsh. The car needs some Michelin PS4 S.

The front end is super pointy, I need to adjust to that. The rear likes to shimmy about on mid corner bumps. I had to commute to Alexandria this week and it's really highlighted the firm tuning of the suspension.

The way the car piles on speed in second, third and fourth is disturbing. Got to be careful! Luckily I'm finding the brakes excellent.

The biggest surprise is how smooth you can drive the car. I think the combination of clutch, gear ratios and torque from the engine makes it a very easy car to drive.

Couple of things to sort out. Need to give the stereo amplifier in the boot a good clean... Has crackled once or twice, must be a bad connection somewhere. The gearbox will get new fluid with an LSD additive. It does groan a little on tight turns.

I'm going to see if I can get this company to make me a set of 18" wheels to clear the brakes. https://www.koya.com.au/product/sf15-18″-semi-forged-custom-fit/

Anyone near Beenleigh Qld that could offer up their 270 for measurement? Joking/ not joking....