Another 'Who owns this car'. Blast from the past.

Still in the outer Norwest suburbs of Sydney town in the mid '80s. Some of the 'older guard' Sydneysiders should recognise this one, and the next 4 or 5 entries coming up.
If you've got something, don't be afraid to throw itView attachment 124947 up, there's always an interest in shots from yesteryear!

Is that the nisso car before mods ??

Is that the nisso car before mods ??
Yer on the money for that one Shaun. What about this baby, doing the rounds at a similar venue photo 16 (2).JPG ??

Interesting that the panel van widow conversion seems to use wagon rear glass (same shape). Could this have been a Canada Cycle factory job?

Similar yes (and I suspect they were Canada’s)
I once felt sure the rear window of the sedan was inverted for tailgates - but no.

Last edited:
With his flared rear arches

I think that was before he lowered the front end of it
Well, here we are on the edge of the paddock this time. Any takers on this '52 type that's been decked with 15" treads.. I'm sure that young Peugeot apprentice in the green tracksuit will know.56d (3).JPG

Still on the paddock. Any of the 'older guard' out there remember a Desmond Tester, from an arvo - evening show back in the late fifties, early sixties on TCN 9 called 'Desmond Tester and the channel 9 Pins. He had done a T.V. add for IPEC with this ute at around the time this snap was taken, around early to mid '80s? She was a non goer at the time and had to be flat towed at walking pacephoto 15.JPG along the road while Desmond made the commentary from behind the wheel. Someone out there might know how to retrieve the footage from where ever in the archives they're hiding it.