Another R17 owner planning to upgrade

I bought the 395 box from a wrecker so no mounts/brackets unfortunately. It was from an R18 though.

Renault 18 Gearbox Mount

Heres a pic of R18 gearbox mount courtesy of one of Jo's threads

Attachments

• box mount.jpg
    box mount.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 383
I am just so over these 508 errors. Only my mindless and moronic comments seem to be getting through, rather than something which might be vaguely useful.

I imagine someone else will be able to assist. But in the faint hope something finally gets through, try googling these catalogues, someone may be more helpful than me (not unusual of late!): PR1002 (17TS Phase 1 parts catalogue), PR1017 (17 Phase 2 with 395), PR1064 (late 15/17 catalogue), PR1018 (Renault 18 1978-82).

I bet this get through, in the meantime, I'm going off for a Bex and a lie down.

Hi Col. That's it. I need 2x the alloy bracket and 2 x silencer for a r18. This would work with some tabs welded to the chassis. Height would be the only issue. Because i have the 395 maybe the 365 mounts may not fit??? I found these images just now from french google images

395 gearbox mounts for r17.jpgmoteur-boite-r18-scenic-3f46807.jpg

I am just so over these 508 errors. Only my mindless and moronic comments seem to be getting through, rather than something which might be vaguely useful.

I imagine someone else will be able to assist. But in the faint hope something finally gets through, try googling these catalogues, someone may be more helpful than me (not unusual of late!): PR1002 (17TS Phase 1 parts catalogue), PR1017 (17 Phase 2 with 395), PR1064 (late 15/17 catalogue), PR1018 (Renault 18 1978-82).

I bet this get through, in the meantime, I'm going off for a Bex and a lie down.

I.
also have lost two posts just now
Thanks Simon. i'll look into it

Just thought while I was at it post the 365 up on this thread too. this is where I thought I could cut and fit the 352 mount

I wouldn't cut up the bracket that you already have. Just get some 1.6mm sheet metal and bend up a bracket similar to the 365 brackets and weld together, if done right you could make them look pretty close to what the factory did and no one will notice the difference.

I wouldn't cut up the bracket that you already have. Just get some 1.6mm sheet metal and bend up a bracket similar to the 365 brackets and weld together, if done right you could make them look pretty close to what the factory did and no one will notice the difference.

I was thinking of buying the one on flebay (#1 post pic) cut that one up.

Here are some photos of the 365 mounting brackets. Apologies for the dodgy photos, I'm currently renovating and there is no power to the shed! Had to rely on the flash.

Last edited:
Here are some photos of the 365 mounting brackets. Apologies for the dodgy photos, I'm currently renovating and there is no power to the shed! Had to rely on the flash.

Thanks Jensen. Appreciate it!
It looks like those mounts would be easy to make up. But where would I find the rubber silencers and the cover plates. They are a two piece!
Are there any Renault's silencers that are similar. Two bolts to the side of chassis frame and a 90 degree peg with one bolt hole to the mount on the box. Seems the easiest way.

Another question: are all the boxes main bodies of the 352, 365 & 395, not counting the end cover or bell housings, the same length?
I have just measured the 395 box and it is 385mm approx. I'm sure they are as they share similar parts internal. I'm just thinking about where the 365 box has it's mounts. It would be no didfferent for this 395 box? if I could get some silencers then it's just a matter of copying those mounts with some sizes from someone.....:D:D

I checked out both sites but nothing available. :disappr:
So now I'm after some silencer blocks for the r17 ts.
Anyone know of a website I can shop for these??

Jensen. Your right. They will do the job. do they also have the cover bracket on that site?
Would you mind measuring the mounts on your gearbox in detail.
Sorry but I can't get this info anywhere else, that I know of.

Regards
John

Jensen. Your right. They will do the job. do they also have the cover bracket on that site?
Would you mind measuring the mounts on your gearbox in detail.
Sorry but I can't get this info anywhere else, that I know of.

Regards
John

John you could fabricate the cover bracket from some sheet metal or if you are lucky a bit of SHS or RHS of the right size. All it does is stops the gearbox from fall onto the road if the rubber mounts fail.