Advice on swaping 505 gti engine in 505 gr body.

So I block the part circled in red
And remove the ram (Part 4003.09) & am good to go, correct ?
I'll then have 3 turns instead of 4.5 ?
What about the attachment between my steering column & the part circled in red, is it the same as the one without PS ?

1686826359155.png

Yes you block the power steering off and get rid of the ram. Grease up the ram and it’s just as light but low speeds is abit heavy. I used to run this on my racecar until I got power steering kit with an engine I brought.

Ben

Doush_504,
Yes good to go but, If using 504 you need to get the Column from flector
To the 505 flex / uni joint under the dash as shorter as you need that to mate to steering as it’s bigger diameter. Also need all above for 505 non power steering too. For the original person from post.

If you don’t have negative camber (505/604 struts) in a 504 you need to shorten the tie rods that they screw into ,

If you get stuck I can send some photos for you.

Ben

I presume you mean replacing the part circled in red with the part circled in green, right ?

1686902755681.png

1686902809348.png

Doush_504,
Yes good to go but, If using 504 you need to get the Column from flector
To the 505 flex / uni joint under the dash as shorter as you need that to mate to steering as it’s bigger diameter. Also need all above for 505 non power steering too. For the original person from post.

If you don’t have negative camber (505/604 struts) in a 504 you need to shorten the tie rods that they screw into ,

If you get stuck I can send some photos for you.

Ben

Considering the 604 was 1470kg
At the time Peugeot was praised for keeping the weight of the 505 down, thin glass and other things were done. I would agree though that the boot and bonnet were heavy but don't see how they could be made any lighter, bonnet is very large for instance.

At the time Peugeot was praised for keeping the weight of the 505 down, thin glass and other things were done. I would agree though that the boot and bonnet were heavy but don't see how they could be made any lighter, bonnet is very large for instance.
The 505 was quite light for the size of the car
I know trying to lift a complete 604 door is no mean feat and the amount of meat around the rear bumper area is phenomenal
The 505 was quite light on in body strength around the rear end sadly but it made it 'light

505 GR doors are extremely heavy because of the side impact bars fitted to local cars. Later ones are much lighter, smaller bars I guess.

The 505 was quite light for the size of the car
I know trying to lift a complete 604 door is no mean feat and the amount of meat around the rear bumper area is phenomenal
The 505 was quite light on in body strength around the rear end sadly but it made it 'light
My 505 was cracked badly in the right rear arch, also the boot floor was distorted and the webbing cracked, both due to heavy duty towing previously. I had both fixed properly and have towed tandem trailers and competed in events, including Perth to Sydney, with the 505 with no further problems.