A310 owners or previous owners out there?

RHD? QUALITY. All depends on who and how....
I do understand. I know who has done a number of them and has the molds. The Silver car I first saw now JB's the conversion looked factory

I've had my 1974 A310-4 for about 9 years, on the road for 7. Wow, where did that time go!?!?
It's a cracking little car to drive. I've fixed all the little D-Jetronic niggles, looking at upgrading to a modern computer soon for the fuel injection. Brakes are now vented ones from a Clio rather than the stock solid R16 ones on the front.

I've had my 1974 A310-4 for about 9 years, on the road for 7. Wow, where did that time go!?!?
It's a cracking little car to drive. I've fixed all the little D-Jetronic niggles, looking at upgrading to a modern computer soon for the fuel injection. Brakes are now vented ones from a Clio rather than the stock solid R16 ones on the front.
Have a Chat to the guys at AUTRONIC apparently they have done computers for late RPV V6's

A110's have eluded me all my motoring life, however a A310 is still a possibility.
My addition to ALPINE came when in 1974 when I was 17 I was fortunate to have a demonstration ride in a works A110 at of all things the Parkes (NSW) Show.

I am curious as to your comment about the RHD, being Unfortunate, I only want a RHD converted or will convert one as I plan to have a car for the occasional country jaunt

View attachment 201841

I should have come back to this community sooner!
LHD is not a big issue once you get used to it

It is a bit of a pain when overtaking on Aus/UK roads and can complicate life getting out of car parks, but is certainly no barrier to use of the car

Would certinly rather have LHD than badly done RHD conversion

Andrew

Soon after an involved RHD conversion and ADR compliance, Colin and I took the silver blue to Sydney for Sports Car World
magazine to road test.
They dubbed it "Silver Bullet". Really worth getting your hands on a copy.
With 50K on the clock and 5 years of age, they seriously thought it was a NEW car!

...and I wouldn't dream of driving any LHD car in Australia....
....Really? ...have you not noticed the deplorable standard of drivers here?...

Have a Chat to the guys at AUTRONIC apparently they have done computers for late RPV V6's
There's been a couple of upgrades done locally to R17Gs, which share the exact same engine. I'll go that route as the hard work working out which bits like dizzys to buy and modify has already been done.

Soon after an involved RHD conversion and ADR compliance, Colin and I took the silver blue to Sydney for Sports Car World
magazine to road test.
They dubbed it "Silver Bullet". Really worth getting your hands on a copy.
With 50K on the clock and 5 years of age, they seriously thought it was a NEW car!

...and I wouldn't dream of driving any LHD car in Australia....
....Really? ...have you not noticed the deplorable standard of drivers here?...
I have a picture of that ...some where, when you and Colin were in Sydney

I have no issues with LHD (as both my A110 and Integrale are LHD) so I would prefer if the 310 was "originale"...plus the RHD setup on mine has the clutch very close to the transmission hump, so nowhere really to rest your left foot...(first world problems!)

Here's mine outside a well known Melbourne location....

Attachments

• A310NEILS_1.jpg
    A310NEILS_1.jpg
    574.4 KB · Views: 123
I do rather like them the Phase 2 body in Blue. So many I have looked at in France on the web have have GT kits put on them.

Loaded question, depends on what people are asking locally.
My answer was more around If I buy one OS and convert it which after talking to Colin, I have a basic idea of the conversion parts costs.
Last year I imported a car from the UK, so am across the Importation issues ie Asbestos lastest freight costs , and the Luxury car tax and with import calculations are a trap. That alone could be $15,000 including Asbestos testing of $2000.
So really I would prefer to buy a local car but they don't come up for sale, and I would like to see and hopefully drive one.

As an example
https://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/renault-alpine-a310-düren/341315592.html
Its in Germany 46,000ks ( ?????) photos ( again??)
Say 25,000 euros rounded up $38,000 dollars. $15,000 for shipping added $2,000 for Asbestos cert in case freight is higher was $10,000 last year and $5,000 taxes and customs and fumigation clearance. $60,000 plus conversion. say 15,000 including retrim

Last edited:
As an example
https://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/renault-alpine-a310-düren/341315592.html
Its in Germany 46,000ks ( ?????) photos ( again??)
Say 25,000 euros rounded up $38,000 dollars. $15,000 for shipping added $2,000 for Asbestos cert in case freight is higher was $10,000 last year and $5,000 taxes and customs and fumigation clearance. $60,000 plus conversion. say 15,000 including retrim

Last Friday I had the opportunity drive a RHD converted car and was informed the car was was for sale.
The purchase was vetoed by my accountant(wife). However I mentioned it to a close friend and he is now buying the car.
I does need work, tires and some sorting especially the gear chance as all the bushes are knackered and re trimming.
As for the RHD conversion I have no problem with it and to me there isn't much about it that doesn't look factory.

Attachments

• Small front.jpg
    Small front.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Small Rear.jpg
    Small Rear.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Small dash.jpg
    Small dash.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 105
Last Friday I had the opportunity drive a RHD converted car and was informed the car was was for sale.
The purchase was vetoed by my accountant(wife). However I mentioned it to a close friend and he is now buying the car.
I does need work, tires and some sorting especially the gear chance as all the bushes are knackered and re trimming.
As for the RHD conversion I have no problem with it and to me there isn't much about it that doesn't look factory.
Out of curiosity is the buyer from Caringbah in Sydney?

It looks in pretty good nick. The gear shift linkage issue isn't unusual....new linkages are available from Simon Automobile Technik in Germany. Interior looks OK too but looks like it has had some kind of re-trim material on doors and seats? How many K's?