A310 owners or previous owners out there?

A310V6GT

Tadpole
I’m nearing completion on a complete rebuild of a 1979 A310 (rebuilding into tarmac rally competition car) and have a few tricky questions I’d like to talk over

Mike

There's a few a310 owners that frequent this forum. I've got a '74 A130-4. Otherwise send an email to the International Group of Alpine Enthusiasts World Wide, an email list of Australian and Global Alpine owners.
igoaeww@gmail.com

Quel surprise, is there an Alpine in Australia that you haven't owned Steve?

I am not the only guilty party.
Ownership is registered and used...
I built that car, used it as my daily driver for many years, and to this day
regret selling it....

I am not the only guilty party.
Ownership is registered and used...
I built that car, used it as my daily driver for many years, and to this day
regret selling it....
Well there's your partner in crime, um, I mean business....
As for selling it, last time I checked you have spares when it comes to Alpines.

Ask away, whether I can provide any useful answers though..... I've got an '82 A310 V6 here in NZ.

Hey Mike, I first registered it in 1985.
Put on display on the Bourke Road entrance steps into Myers for their French week.
Guarded by Police thanks to the sinking of the Rainbow Warrior by French operatives.
Nuclear testing protests etc.
First article was by Michael Stahl in Modern Motor magazine.
I didn't offer him a drive as I was sooo careful with it.
He wrote that I could bounce tennis balls off the roof etc.
Quite kind, really.
Will try to find that mag.

Hey Mike, I first registered it in 1985.
Put on display on the Bourke Road entrance steps into Myers for their French week.
Guarded by Police thanks to the sinking of the Rainbow Warrior by French operatives.
Nuclear testing protests etc.
First article was by Michael Stahl in Modern Motor magazine.
I didn't offer him a drive as I was sooo careful with it.
He wrote that I could bounce tennis balls off the roof etc.
Quite kind, really.
Will try to find that mag.

Is this the issue Steve?
“ALPINE A310: the renegade Renault... Michael Stahl”

Attachments

• FF70FE35-B73A-403E-8EA6-B30507721425.png
    FF70FE35-B73A-403E-8EA6-B30507721425.png
    424.2 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Hi guys,
I've been on and off this forum for some time.
I am interested in exploring the idea of owning an A310 post 1980 build. Before I do jump down this rabbit hole I would like to talk to owners and to drive one before make my final decision. I have had ride in two local cars but that goes back to the 80s when the first RHD car was brought to Sydney by Steve and Colin. and had a photo on my desk for years.

Like to hear from owners please

I've got a 1980 V6...owned it for about 1 year now...has been converted to RHD (unfortunately)....I understand it came to Australia (Melbourne) in 1986 as a personal import ex West Germany the to Tas where it had the RHD conversion. It has been in Perth since about the mid 2000's. I love it...it goes very nicely and sounds awesome when wound up. It's probably nicer to drive than my 69 A110, but I still love the A110 more! I would say if you have the chance to buy one, go for it....they're a lot cheaper than A110's too!

I’m a bit new to all this! Tomorrow I will have owned mine for 3 weeks:).
I’d wanted one for ever, and when the possibility of a well know Melbourne 4 cylinder 310 coming onto the market came to my attention (thanks 21571) I didn’t really think twice.
Mine has a few mods ;). . I don’t have a lot of specific alpine experience, other than an understanding of the mechanical package, so there’s lots to learn (I have been working on older Renaults for 20 years though, so that’s a start).
I’m learning though. Currently tidying up wiring and interior.

I've got a 1980 V6...owned it for about 1 year now...has been converted to RHD (unfortunately)....I understand it came to Australia (Melbourne) in 1986 as a personal import ex West Germany the to Tas where it had the RHD conversion. It has been in Perth since about the mid 2000's. I love it...it goes very nicely and sounds awesome when wound up. It's probably nicer to drive than my 69 A110, but I still love the A110 more! I would say if you have the chance to buy one, go for it....they're a lot cheaper than A110's too!
A110's have eluded me all my motoring life, however a A310 is still a possibility.
My addition to ALPINE came when in 1974 when I was 17 I was fortunate to have a demonstration ride in a works A110 at of all things the Parkes (NSW) Show.

I am curious as to your comment about the RHD, being Unfortunate, I only want a RHD converted or will convert one as I plan to have a car for the occasional country jaunt

110-1600s 1974.jpg

I’m a bit new to all this! Tomorrow I will have owned mine for 3 weeks:).
I’d wanted one for ever, and when the possibility of a well know Melbourne 4 cylinder 310 coming onto the market came to my attention (thanks 21571) I didn’t really think twice.
Mine has a few mods ;). . I don’t have a lot of specific alpine experience, other than an understanding of the mechanical package, so there’s lots to learn (I have been working on older Renaults for 20 years though, so that’s a start).
I’m learning though. Currently tidying up wiring and interior.
I should have come back to this community sooner!