407 SVHDI TT 2.7 Trany Fluid Change on Aisin Warner AWTF-80SC (06+ Aero Automatic)

Peugeot504

Fellow Frogger
Recently purchased an one owner mint condition Peugeot 407 Coupe 2.7HDi TT and drove down from Vic to ACT and taken up by it's breath taking performance. It has just clicked 157K and I have checked the log books not to see a single Transmission fluid change. (Peugeot claim that it is life time GB), can not agree with their statement as any fluid over the time will break down and loose it's viscosity etc. I feel it's over due now and would like to find out any of you have performed such task, if so please post it.
  • How to find out what sort of 6 speed Aisin Auto box fitted
  • Fluid type
  • Tools required to perform this task

Cheers.

I have the Volvo version of this transmission in my '06 V70R and the recommended fluids in enthusiast circles is either Redline AT4, or AMSOIL universal ATF. Both are 3309 compliant.

My '00 V70R has run on the AMSOIL for the last 100k and at 225k it shifts beautifully. I found a good deal on Redline AT4 so I'm going with that on the 06' when I change out the valvebody for the updated unit.

Rabin
Saskatchewan, Canada.

Finding Amsoil and Redline in Australia can be quite a problem - the Harley fans are always looking. There is a business registered to a residential address in Melbourne that has an online presence. GL Lubricants in Sydney import Redline as well as Esso-Mobil, also in American Fl Oz packs.

Recently purchased an one owner mint condition Peugeot 407 Coupe 2.7HDi TT and drove down from Vic to ACT and taken up by it's breath taking performance. It has just clicked 157K and I have checked the log books not to see a single Transmission fluid change. (Peugeot claim that it is life time GB), can not agree with their statement as any fluid over the time will break down and loose it's viscosity etc. I feel it's over due now and would like to find out any of you have performed such task, if so please post it.
  • How to find out what sort of 6 speed Aisin Auto box fitted
  • Fluid type
  • Tools required to perform this task

Cheers.

Go here for a step by step on how to change it your self.

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/pe...0-hdi-t6-auto-atf-oil-change.html#post1082716

Cheers George

Towards the end of June I bought a silver 2007 407 2.0L HDi touring (wagon) with 121,899K on the clock.I had the 6 speed TF80-SC tranny serviced in Geelong by DTM Auto Transmissions at 124,318 kms. Pleased with job.Work performed as follows.
Inspect pan for signs of wear,clean pan.inspect linkages,connectors,mounts,lines,hoses.Check gear position switch.Flush tranny (fluid very dirty)and check cooler line flow.Road test car,check shift quality,check torque converter clutch apply and release.Scan ECU for fault codes. Cost $350.00
Regards,Rob

Here are two threads from other forums that deal with the AM 6 gearbox, just be aware that the box has other names depending on the make of car it's fitted to.

How To: Transmission Fluid Change on the Aisin Warner AWTF-80SC (06+ Aero Automatic) - SaabCentral Forums

Trans Fluid Change - 06' V70R Auto (AWTF80-SC)

I believe that both of these forums offer excellent advice on how to do it yourself and save money. The Saab forum mentions Ford Motorcraft XT-8-QAW Transmisson fluid. Be worth checking out what this cost in Aus.

Suggest you need to have the tranny flushed. You need a pump to do it easily, AutoTorque in Phillip did both my Pugs for me and transformed the shifting. The coupe took 17 litres of fluid and AutoTorque said the old fluid was completely stuffed (at 175 000k). Cost about $250 I think.