407 AL6 transmission fluid
  • Register
  • Help

Default 407 AL6 transmission fluid

Hi All, I'm wanting to do a ATF change in my 407 just because it is over 100000km now and has never been done. I look at it as preventative maintenance. I shifts great and I have no problems with it but it is now 7 years old and with the mileage I think it would be a job well done. Having read many a horror story with the use of the wrong trans fluid I want to get it right. In view of the expense of the Total fluid, which only seems to be available from a Pug dealer, I was wondering if there is a more economical alternative. I got in touch with my local oil and filter guy and he suggested the fully synthetic Penrite ATF FS but thought I would ask in the forum before doing anything more.
    My 407 hasn't missed a beat since the leak back lines and nozzels where replaced on the injectors just after I bought it. And now after putting 8000km on it, it is returning just under 7 litres per 100km as an average. Have seen 4.8/100km on a run down the freeway which I reckon is fantastic. Loving the car and its a pleasure to drive.
    Thanks in advance for any replies, cheers Steve

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Do you mean AM6? If so, here is the info for the box as fitted in Citroens - http://service.citroen.com/dtt/CDP/d...idange_am6.pdf. The fluid is JWS 3309 ESSO, and you might find it cheaper at a Toyota dealer. Another how-to, a bit clearer, but also in French, is at https://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2013/05/2...idange-bva.pdf

Search the forum for previous discussions, it has come up before.

As an aside, Total oils are easily obtained in Brisbane, have a chat to Onshore Oil, http://www.onshoreoils.com.au/

[ps] I found this online - http://www.gllubricants.com/index.ph...w&id=175&pid=6 $10 for just under a litre.
    Last edited by seasink; 1st August 2014 at 04:38 PM. Reason: ps

Yes thanks Seasink, I did mean AM6 trans, have ordered the oil from gllubricants and will get onto it asap, thanks for your wisdom, helpful as always, cheers Steve

Sorry to be a pain Seasink, but is the Mobil 3309 ok to use in the AM6 transmission or should I be looking for a fully synthetic oil? cheers Steve.

Me again, just looked in my parts manual and of course it is the correct oil, forgive me for ever wondering if it was correct or not, again many thanks for your wisdom, cheers Steve

1000+ Posts

The PSA document says "huile JWS 3309 ESSO de couleur rouge" and Esso is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil.

Mobil's website claims that it is JWS 3309 - Mobil Super? ATF 3309 | Automatic Transmission Fluid | Mobil? Canada

The AM6 gearbox is actually an Aisin TF-80SC, used as well by Ford, Landrover, Mazda, Saab, and Volvo. It is Japanese made and uses a special Japanese spec fluid made by Esso.

Husky430 your auto is the same as mine (Asin AM6) you need a JWS3309 spec oil, the cheapest I found was Toyota's T-1V. follow the instructions I posted in the link below.
    Cheers George

307 2.0 HDI T6 auto ATF oil change?

Did my AM6 V6 (140 K kms) some 6 months ago with Supercheap Auto Chief Mochician Multi ATF .

I used two 4 litre drums in two flushes

After 4 months/ 5000 kms, no more jerky / banging changes downs.

Thread Information