407 Hdi 2.0l Loss of power

The Fixer

Fellow Frogger
Had a rego inspection, failed, told that there is an oil leek query top and bottom and that the bushes in the lower L & R had split. Found that there was a leak in the joint of the return exhaust from the EGR to the air intake, (fine mist). Had to clean the existing mist from the front and bottom of the engine, in doing so I had to disconect the EGR at the return air intake and remove the accelerator module, to do this I tied the vacuum lines back out of the way. Finished cleaning the engine and started to put everything back and I noticed the the 2 connections (see picture) had come off and I do not know where the connection fit, I have put red tape on one of them to make it easier for someone to tell me which one goes were. I have tried putting them on one then the other nipple, does'nt make any difference to the loss of power. I have check the vacuum on all of the connections and could not find any leak. The car starts and idles normally, checked all the hoses no splits. (had a similar problem with a split hose, loss of power)

Attachments

• 3 Way vacuum conection.JPG
    3 Way vacuum conection.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 578
rhh or rhr engine. It looks like they're vaccum lines that go into either the egr valve or air intake valve's (on the rhh engine, there are two and one sits behind the intake hose).

That t piece is broken needs to be replace in feeds the turbo
Thank you. Further to the rear R & L lower stability bushes. quoted $ 206.00 for them, then told no longer available, then told I had to buy the stabilizing bar with the bushes in situ now $370.00, so I sent photos of the said bushes, to be told that they are split so as to accommodate installation. so now the cost is zilch, nothing wrong with the bushes!!!!

It doesn't matter it's a vacuum tank the way they sit is ok to repair the t piece you get a washer t piece then add vacuum line to the ends and cut the old one out

It doesn't matter it's a vacuum tank the way they sit is ok to repair the t piece you get a washer t piece then add vacuum line to the ends and cut the old one out
Thank you. will do tomorrow, I have a T piece from my gardening watering system, should do for the intrum.

It's probably better than the factory one anyway
Unfortunately that did not solve the problem, still not accelerating as normal, I'm pretty sure there is a leak in the vacuum line(s) will have another go tomorrow, I'll take each one of the lines seperately, hopefully I'll find the trouble.

Checked every vacuum line from the vacuum pump could not find a leak, they all held a vacuum without loss. So next I will check the tube at the (L) back of the motor (as seen looking from the grill). There is no problem with the power brakes they are working fine.
Tune later for result!!!

Can you tell me where the plug in the attachment goes. found it behind and to the left of the air intake.

Attachments

• Unknow Plug 2.jpg
    Unknow Plug 2.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 161
  • Unkown Plug.jpg
    Unkown Plug.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 129
  • Unkown Plug1.jpg
    Unkown Plug1.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 136
Can you tell me where the plug in the attachment goes. found it behind and to the left of the air intake.
There is a similar lookign plug on mine about half way along the fuel rail. Plugs in vertically upwards.
My plug has a number on it: 220729064269, tha tmight help with identifiactio.

Only plug of similar size in a plastic sheath around that area that I can see.

There is a similar lookign plug on mine about half way along the fuel rail. Plugs in vertically upwards.

Just pull back the cover from the wires find the ID number and find someone who could be bothered to look it up for you

Thanks, I had a look but there is not a female plug that I can see.
The car appears to be running ok, it's just frustrating.

Just pull back the cover from the wires find the ID number and find someone who could be bothered to look it up for you
Stripped the cover of the wires no number even on the wires themself the only nuber on the plug is 65 which is on the opposit side to the clip, and if you can't be bothered to help then dont.
Thanks for all your assistance in the past.

This the only thing that comes close to the Mystery plug, there are 2 green plugs and the need the fuel filter is coming from the same area as mine but it is Green.

Stripped the cover of the wires no number even on the wires themself the only nuber on the plug is 65 which is on the opposit side to the clip, and if you can't be bothered to help then dont.
Thanks for all your assistance in the past.
F me mate I've told you how to find where the plug goes all peugeot wiring has a number on it every 6 inches you can lead a horse to water