406 engine not working please help

djzeki9

Tadpole
Tadpole
The 2000 model cylinder head was replaced, the transmission was overhauled, the fog lights were not working, I took it to an auto electrician, the temperature was rising due to the air conditioner, there was water loss.
Some masters looked at the fan because it has a double fan and said the fan was not working. One of them said it was not working, another electrician said it was working, I took it to the mechanic. He said, "Brother, pour water into the radiator, it will cut off, come to the rescue." Water was cleaned from the radiator, there was a lot of dirt, I waited for half an hour, I started it, there was no problem, I went home in 30 minutes, I turned it off, I tried to start it, it didn't work, the plumbing cable was exposed, was it because of that, various brain tests, everything was done, they made measurements, the starter is working, the engine is not working, they checked the BSI, they canceled the LPG, why call this? There was a stall, there was an ignition error, a warning was coming, now it doesn't work at all, the coil was changed, everything was done, but help me, it doesn't work.

We'd really like to help, but what you describe sounds very confusing. It would help (a lot) if we knew what engine your 406 has. If you post the VIN we can quickly tell you which engine.

Just on the twin fans (common to most 406s and many other Peugeot and Citroen models) - the fans are driven by electric motors that have carbon "brushes" (actually little rods or bars of carbon). When these brushes wear out the motor won't spin any more. If just one fan motor has stopped working, the other will work at full speed, but only when the motor is hot or the air con gas pressure is high.

Normally, switching on the air con causes both fan motors to spin constantly at low speed. If one fan has stopped working, the other one will not run at low speed, but will run at high speed when either engine temperature is high, or air con gas pressure is high.

I suspect the different answers given by your auto electricians ("masters") is because one fan has stopped working, and the other one only works when needed (see above).

If neither fan is working, the engine will overheat and cause the head gasket to fail. In hot conditions (such as your summer) even with one fan working the engine will overheat. If the It will then use up the water from the radiator, allowing the engine to get even hotter. If the head (and head gasket) are replaced, but fans not fixed, the engine will run well for a little while after repair, but then the head gasket will fail again. If it has failed badly enough, the engine won't start. There is no engine computer error code for a failed head gasket, although there should be codes stored for very high engine temperature.

So 4 cylinder, 16 valve, petrol.

Not sure what you mean by "plumbing cable".

When you say "cancelled the LPG" does this mean that the car has been converted to run on LPG, but that they converted it back to run on petrol? If it has been converted to LPG this adds more complication...

The car was mixing water into the oil, the cylinder head was repaired, the gasket was changed, the timing belt was changed and the circulating water pump was not changed. al4 transmission was overhauled, the fog lights did not light, the temperature was rising, when I turned on the air conditioning, I took it to the electrician mechanic for him, one from the fan, one from the radiator, one from the radiator, he said, keep water in the radiator, he said, I kept the dirt poured.
But the wiring for the fog lights had been removed, the cables were open, I don't know if that's why, there's a fault, the crank sensor works, when I try to use an iron, petrol comes to the engine, but the flywheel doesn't work, the coil has changed everything, the four mechanics couldn't solve the starter, the starter is solid, the starter works, but the engine does not work, there was a misfire in the lpg, it stalled occasionally, the catalytic converter was empty, there was a rolanti fluctuation, while waiting idle, the wiring was too many additions, I said this for him.

Remember, our time is 6 or 7 hours before your time. So at 4pm your time we are going to bed, while at 1:00 am we are waking up.

We can say with certainty that the fog lights are not the problem - they cannot stop the engine from firing. Have you checked all the fuses? Remember there is a fuse box in the engine bay as well as the one below the steering wheel.

We can also say that the AL4 transmission should not stop the engine starting.

What do you mean "kept the dirt poured"? Our meaning for dirt is like soil or earth - something you definitely don't put in your radiator (or any other part of the engine).

Honestly, it's almost impossible for us to help - if 4 mechanics can't solve it, we have almost no chance, as we can't touch or measure anything. We know you are trying incredibly hard to put the story into English, but some words you use don't mean what you think they do, so it's hard for us to understand.

Let me try and list what we think we understand:

1) You have a Peugeot 406 with an RFV (XU10J4R) engine. This means the engine has 4 cylinders and runs on petrol.
2) The engine has been converted to LPG, but presumably can still run on petrol.
3) The engine had a blown head gasket, which was repaired (also timing belt replaced). You haven't told us how long ago these repairs were done.
4) Recently the engine started overheating again (especially when the air conditioning was in use). It has started using water (coolant), and at least one fan is not working.
5) The engine has 2 coils - at least one has been replaced.
6) The starter motor makes the engine spin, but the engine doesn't start.

Please confirm if this list is correct

Reactions: IWS
Remember, our time is 6 or 7 hours before your time. So at 4pm your time we are going to bed, while at 1:00 am we are waking up.

We can say with certainty that the fog lights are not the problem - they cannot stop the engine from firing. Have you checked all the fuses? Remember there is a fuse box in the engine bay as well as the one below the steering wheel.

We can also say that the AL4 transmission should not stop the engine starting.

What do you mean "kept the dirt poured"? Our meaning for dirt is like soil or earth - something you definitely don't put in your radiator (or any other part of the engine).

Honestly, it's almost impossible for us to help - if 4 mechanics can't solve it, we have almost no chance, as we can't touch or measure anything. We know you are trying incredibly hard to put the story into English, but some words you use don't mean what you think they do, so it's hard for us to understand.

Let me try and list what we think we understand:

1) You have a Peugeot 406 with an RFV (XU10J4R) engine. This means the engine has 4 cylinders and runs on petrol.
2) The engine has been converted to LPG, but presumably can still run on petrol.
3) The engine had a blown head gasket, which was repaired (also timing belt replaced). You haven't told us how long ago these repairs were done.
4) Recently the engine started overheating again (especially when the air conditioning was in use). It has started using water (coolant), and at least one fan is not working.
5) The engine has 2 coils - at least one has been replaced.
6) The starter motor makes the engine spin, but the engine doesn't start.

Please confirm if this list is correct
Armidillo, I greatly admire your willingness to try to help djzeki. He clearly is desperate for help - but as you say, if 4 mechanics can't solve it, we have almost no chance, as we can't touch or measure anything. It does sound like a very complex set of problems.

I think too that the messages - in English - are the product of Google Translate or similar, hence the very strange wording in places.

Ian.

soil mud dirt dirt stone poured coil set everything changed everything tried everything tried fuses checked it works lpg does not work in any way including petrol in no way thank you you have done your best i have no english translation this was all from the translation auspicious days

Lütfen Türkçe de yazın.
Burada biri tercüme edebilir

LPG'nin ne anlama geldiğini bilmiyoruz

(Machine translation - please use Turkish as somebody may be able to translate. We do not know what LPG means)

LPG is liquid petroleum gas.

So it is a converted engine.

Yes, but can it be switched back to petrol? Presumably yes.