306 S16 Pricing?

Cal:
Them there fighten words boy. You, me, S16 vs Mi16, Mt Glorious, tomorrow at dawn! :mad:

Cal.
Lol...I was expecting that. I am only going off the single instance of each with you. Take-off, at the lights on the way to Mcleans bridge, and twisties, the same day up in the hills.

In anycase, I am still keen for Wed morning. Is Neil going to pike?

Cal, after driving my car, did it feel any lighter than your Mi?

I was hoping this might happen! Debate is healthy! I'm still backing the Mi16.The biggest single improvement I did on my Mi16 was to fit 15 x 6.75 rims with 205 offset. The increase in track reduced body roll significantly. The difference was quite staggering.

DeKa:
CHRI'S16:
a 306 XSi N5(97 or later) suits best. prices are from $13 to $20 for a late 2002 model, and mind full of K's.
Chris,
I wish... mine did have below average k's though.

Derek.
If its any consolation Derek, we spent a fair while looking at XSi's a couple of minths ago, and found very little worth even thinking about in Melbourne for less than $20,000. (one quite nice private sale number for about $18990 is the only one that springs to mind)

We ended up spending a little bit more than $20K for a 98 (from a dealer) with 40,000K on the clock, in fact. Sydney prices will be a bit lower (maybe 1 to 2 $K), as they are for most S/H cars, but $13,000 for a decent vehicle? What did that bloke in "The Castle" say? Dreamin!

Cheers

Rod

PeterT:
The biggest single improvement I did on my Mi16 was to fit 15 x 6.75 rims with 205 offset. The increase in track reduced body roll significantly. The difference was quite staggering.
I put a set of 206 GTI 16" rims on mine (205/45/16). I have to agree. There was a BIG improvement. These however only provide 2mm extra track, although each tyre is 10mm wider. The way the offset is (can't remember the figures) means there is an extra 9mm of rubber on the inside of centre and an extra 1mm on the outside of centre of each wheel. Am I making any sense?

Cal.

Rod Hagen:
but $13,000 for a decent vehicle? What did that bloke in "The Castle" say? Dreamin!
Well I took a punt on a car with lots and lots of KMs... 170,000 to be exact. A 1997 N5 XSi. I've added another 10,000 onto that so far and it hasn't missed a beat (due for a new clutch soon though). I spoke to Paul V before buying (he was the last person to service it) and he said it was in excellent condition. It looks great, sounds great, goes great and cost a mere $12,500. I've had it for a year.

I knew I was taking a bit of a chance, I'm just glad it has payed off so far (touch wood!)

xsited:
Rod Hagen:
but $13,000 for a decent vehicle? What did that bloke in "The Castle" say? Dreamin!
Well I took a punt on a car with lots and lots of KMs... 170,000 to be exact. A 1997 N5 XSi. ....It looks great, sounds great, goes great and cost a mere $12,500. I've had it for a year.
Sounds like an excellent buy, even with the high kays, xsited. Looks like dreams come true every now and then! wink

Cheers

Rod