306 gti6 handling issues!

alan moore said:
Biessbarth is an alignment checking system that uses light beams (infrared I think) to measure very accurately your alignment. Using my mates machine shows you very quickly how accurate your whole car setup is, even measuring the inconsistancies of your rims in three places first, and telling you to within 0.1mm how square your vehicle is.

Thanks Alan, it is so true that you learn something new everyday. :D

J4RS,

The camber you quoted is that for FRONT camber??

The front camber listed in an earlier post was +0deg00' +/- 0deg30'

But on the Peugeotlogic website it is -0deg20' +/- 0deg30'

As you can see it is -20 minutes diff....will this be detrimental in the handling stakes??

Cheers
Billy

BW205 said:
Thanks Alan, it is so true that you learn something new everyday. :D

J4RS,

The camber you quoted is that for FRONT camber??

The front camber listed in an earlier post was +0deg00' +/- 0deg30'

But on the Peugeotlogic website it is -0deg20' +/- 0deg30'

As you can see it is -20 minutes diff....will this be detrimental in the handling stakes??

Cheers
Billy

Hello Billy,
yes i was quoting front camber settings as the others remain the same as 3dr rfv
models....
The information i am providing you is direct from the factory.

I was involved at the production stage of the gti6.
Please note dealers can get this information wrong.......

:afplak: :pugplak: :spanner:

Hi jastanis, good to hear from an ex-Corolla 4a-ge owner....I had an '88 Twin Cam 16 hatch with koni's, lowered 20mm, chip, exhaust tc... was so much fun to own, the motor just wanted to rev all the time...great mechanicals wrapped in a cheapass flimsy jap bodyshell but at the time I didn't care. My 306 S16 is a completely different car. As for understeer, when I had my wishbone bushes replaced the car understeered quite badly when fanging around Wellington Square Nth Adel, have since had wheel alignment but haven't had the chance to try out the handling again. Maybe I was just going too fast, and the camber changes as you get halfway around that corner, but my car always would be neutral up until the time you think its going to understeer, then the rear steer kicks in and it tightens its line. I've driven a Gti6 up Norton Summit and it never understeered, but I managed to get some lift off oversteer and had a quick look at some Armco!

SA S16 said:
Hi jastanis, good to hear from an ex-Corolla 4a-ge owner....I had an '88 Twin Cam 16 hatch with koni's, lowered 20mm, chip, exhaust tc... was so much fun to own, the motor just wanted to rev all the time...great mechanicals wrapped in a cheapass flimsy jap bodyshell but at the time I didn't care. My 306 S16 is a completely different car. As for understeer, when I had my wishbone bushes replaced the car understeered quite badly when fanging around Wellington Square Nth Adel, have since had wheel alignment but haven't had the chance to try out the handling again. Maybe I was just going too fast, and the camber changes as you get halfway around that corner, but my car always would be neutral up until the time you think its going to understeer, then the rear steer kicks in and it tightens its line. I've driven a Gti6 up Norton Summit and it never understeered, but I managed to get some lift off oversteer and had a quick look at some Armco!

Well I still own the corolla but will be an ex-owner soon. My model was a '91 model but I know what you mean about it loving to rev. I would imagine the stock chassis to be too flexible but I had a roll cage in mine which helped stiffen it up a lot.

I read somewhere that the Gti6 had the exact suspension setup as the as the S16. Where'd you get the wishbone bushes replaced? Would've thought they'd do an alignment straight after.

Been up to Norton Summit a couple of times since I got my alignment fixed, handles great now..but Norton Summit rd is definitely not a road want to get the back wiggling too much, feels like the pug just fits on the road on some parts....I love eagle on the hill though, 10 tenth's too easy on that road (at night anyway). I don't know any pug owners in Adelaide and am looking to join the pug club of sa soon, though there's no gti6 owners there. Don't know if there's any xsi/s16 owners there either. Are you a member of any club or do you recommend any that does hillclimb events and things like that?