• aussiefrogs will be closing to new forum posts from January 26th, 2022. This will make it a clean 22 years of service to the Australian French car community. The site will remain static after this date and accessible, but not taking any new content. All email addresses, IPs, private messages (conversations), passwords, will be deleted. Only the main forums will be retained after the transition. There will be a link prominently placed forwarding visitors to another forum elsewhere (not affiliated) that is either currently existing or is to exist, that current members here could be found again. Gerry – aussiefrogs.com
  • Tapatalk and Mobile iOS/ Android APPs no longer supported on aussiefrogs.com. Please delete on your device. Use the web interface instead.

306 Cabriolet - Minor Issues

trevorburdon

I have a few niggling issues with my inherited 306 cab. There ARE bigger things to look at later but for now.

- Seals.
The sill seal is lifting off. What adhesive/sealant should I use to stick it back down?
The windscreen frame/hood and front pillar/door seals are perishing. Is there a product which can be applied to stop the deterioration? Where might I find replacement seals?

- Headlights
The access strips below the headlights are loose constantly swingng outwards. Taped but doesn't last long. How do I fix, please?

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Regards Trevor

Attachments

• 2021-05-27_PugSeal.jpg
    2021-05-27_PugSeal.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 2021-05-27_PugSeal2.jpg
    2021-05-27_PugSeal2.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 2021-06-08_PugLight.jpg
    2021-06-08_PugLight.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 18

michaelh

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Trevor, but neither the sill seals or the windscreen seal are available anymore.

There are extensive threads on various 306 Cab forums of how to body the windscreen seal up using black Sikaflex, but I've never been game.

trevorburdon

ooowww you're good!

About to buy. Thanks Mr Ri88it.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Trevor, but neither the sill seals or the windscreen seal are available anymore.

There are extensive threads on various 306 Cab forums of how to body the windscreen seal up using black Sikaflex, but I've never been game.
Thanks Michael. I am game as I used those unbelievably messy Sikaflex products to bed fittings on a boat. Best tip is to remove excess with dry cloth and clean up areas/edges with absolutely minimal solvent. In this case I may tape up and use sealant to fill and then glue on a new protective outer sheath.
Ill let you know how it goes.

michaelh

ooowww you're good!

About to buy. Thanks Mr Ri88it.

Thanks Michael. I am game as I used those unbelievably messy Sikaflex products to bed fittings on a boat. Best tip is to remove excess with dry cloth and clean up areas/edges with absolutely minimal solvent. In this case I may tape up and use sealant to fill and then glue on a new protective outer sheath.
Ill let you know how it goes.
Let me know how you go Trevor. I'd be interested in what you use for the outer sheath.

In the meantime, I'll keep crossing my fingers Peugeot decides to reproduce them for L'adventure Peugeot.