306 Cabriolet - Minor Issues

trevorburdon

Tadpole
I have a few niggling issues with my inherited 306 cab. There ARE bigger things to look at later but for now.

- Seals.
The sill seal is lifting off. What adhesive/sealant should I use to stick it back down?
The windscreen frame/hood and front pillar/door seals are perishing. Is there a product which can be applied to stop the deterioration? Where might I find replacement seals?

- Headlights
The access strips below the headlights are loose constantly swingng outwards. Taped but doesn't last long. How do I fix, please?

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Regards Trevor

Attachments

• 2021-05-27_PugSeal.jpg
    2021-05-27_PugSeal.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 2021-05-27_PugSeal2.jpg
    2021-05-27_PugSeal2.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 2021-06-08_PugLight.jpg
    2021-06-08_PugLight.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 109
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Trevor, but neither the sill seals or the windscreen seal are available anymore.

There are extensive threads on various 306 Cab forums of how to body the windscreen seal up using black Sikaflex, but I've never been game.

The trim clips are an easy / cheap fix, as mentioned seals nla and black uv silicon / sikaflex are the options

ooowww you're good!

About to buy. Thanks Mr Ri88it.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Trevor, but neither the sill seals or the windscreen seal are available anymore.

There are extensive threads on various 306 Cab forums of how to body the windscreen seal up using black Sikaflex, but I've never been game.
Thanks Michael. I am game as I used those unbelievably messy Sikaflex products to bed fittings on a boat. Best tip is to remove excess with dry cloth and clean up areas/edges with absolutely minimal solvent. In this case I may tape up and use sealant to fill and then glue on a new protective outer sheath.
Ill let you know how it goes.

let me find where i bought mine, be aware doing this you will find more broken! Ebay for the clips

ooowww you're good!

About to buy. Thanks Mr Ri88it.

Thanks Michael. I am game as I used those unbelievably messy Sikaflex products to bed fittings on a boat. Best tip is to remove excess with dry cloth and clean up areas/edges with absolutely minimal solvent. In this case I may tape up and use sealant to fill and then glue on a new protective outer sheath.
Ill let you know how it goes.
Let me know how you go Trevor. I'd be interested in what you use for the outer sheath.

In the meantime, I'll keep crossing my fingers Peugeot decides to reproduce them for L'adventure Peugeot.

Let me know how you go Trevor. I'd be interested in what you use for the outer sheath.

In the meantime, I'll keep crossing my fingers Peugeot decides to reproduce them for L'adventure Peugeot.
Late last year (or maybe earlier this year) I read on one of the U.K. forums about a 306 Cabriolet owner who was trying to garner support for him to get the seal made by one of his local manufacturers. If I remember correctly, he said that he was prepared to pay for the setup costs and then the other members would only have to pay for the seal. And again, if my memory is correct, he was intending to have the seal made from silicone in the hope that it would be a one-off purchase and installation.

A couple of people replied with interest and I think that he replied, too, but then nothing more was said. And I couldn't be bothered registering with yet another forum to post and find out what, if any, progress had been made.

And the headlight trim clips are available from Peugeot dealers in Australia. I have two sitting on my desk next to me as I type. The two cost me $10.00, including postage. I don't know if different dealers charge different amounts, but I purchased mine from Allan Mackay Motors in Moss Vale.

Cheers,
Andrew

I have sourced the trim clips Matthew pointed out to me, and now have them sitting on my desk ready to install, as well.

In relation to seals the automotive Sikkaflex product I've experimented with is too viscous to do a good job. I will search later for the forum entries you've referred too. WIll also discuss with a local shipwright here in Melbourne - they have such an extensive skill set I'd be surprised they if they don't have a promising idea or too. I'll also check with a very good car detailer who works on a mate's Silver CLoud whenever it looks a bit shabby.

Thanks for the responses.

Trevor