207 Peugeot new buyer

nt reno

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hi All
My daughter just brought a 2007 Peugoet 207 with 99021km. It has a 1.4L 65kw motor (Engine number FE040464272) with 5 speed manual transmission.
It seems to go alright but I should change the engine and gearbox oils, coolant and possibly the timing belt and pulleys. I have change a Suzuki swift GTI timing belt before.

What type of engine and gearbox oils, coolant do you recommend am based in Darwin.

Do I need to change the timing belt??

Thanks in advance

Hi
Any advise on above post?
Where can I get a workshop manual for work on the timing belt please

The 65kW engine is an ET3J4 engine (KFU in the VIN somewhere) - a DOHC 1.4.

The original oil recommendations were Total Oils:

• Quartz 7000 (10W40) - semi-synthetic
  • Quartz 9000 (5W40) - synthetic
  • Quartz Energy (0W30) - synthetic
  • INEO ECS (5W30) - synthetic

I'm pretty sure a 10W40 semi-synthetic would be fine. Only needs around 3.25 litres.

The gearbox oil will be 75W80 - Penrite being one of the few regulars that sell that spec locally (1.9 litres req'd).

The timing belt interval is 6yrs/120,000km, so it's due for its second belt change.

The oil filter element will be in a black plastic cartridge required a 27mm spanner or socket. Don't be overzealous tightening it up and replace the o-ring on the housing than comes with the new filter.

The sump plug will probably be a round plug with an 8mm allen key drive.

Haynes sells a workshop manual for the 207 which includes that engine - book 4787.

I'd go all Penrite and use their synthetic HPR-5 engine oil - 5W-40 - readily available in most places in Australia. If you have a Repco nearby, I think they're selling a 7 litre container of it for $49 at the moment which will do two changes. That's assuming their current specials catalogue applies nationwide.

The 65kW engine is an ET3J4 engine (KFU in the VIN somewhere) - a DOHC 1.4.

The original oil recommendations were Total Oils:

• Quartz 7000 (10W40) - semi-synthetic
  • Quartz 9000 (5W40) - synthetic
  • Quartz Energy (0W30) - synthetic
  • INEO ECS (5W30) - synthetic

I'm pretty sure a 10W40 semi-synthetic would be fine. Only needs around 3.25 litres.

The gearbox oil will be 75W80 - Penrite being one of the few regulars that sell that spec locally (1.9 litres req'd).

The timing belt interval is 6yrs/120,000km, so it's due for its second belt change.

The oil filter element will be in a black plastic cartridge required a 27mm spanner or socket. Don't be overzealous tightening it up and replace the o-ring on the housing than comes with the new filter.

The sump plug will probably be a round plug with an 8mm allen key drive.

Haynes sells a workshop manual for the 207 which includes that engine - book 4787.

Thanks for the advice on the VIN - it does have KFU in it. So now I know what parts to order. :approve:

Hi,Coolants should NEVER be mixed unless same batch number..and always flushed.I have used Tectaloy for many a moon.Penrite Products are great,Rizlone also.

Replacement parts ordered. Next question only really have one ignition key that uses the plip to unlock/lock and start the 207.
The other key has a plip but nothing inside it (no circuit board or battery). Whats the best way to get a replacement key?

Next question only really have one ignition key that uses the plip to unlock/lock and start the 207.
The other key has a plip but nothing inside it (no circuit board or battery). Whats the best way to get a replacement key?

You can purchase blank keys with a transponder chip inside I have these for sale but you will need the pin code to code a key a Delphi ds150 can code keys for 207s if you want to diy or most auto locksmiths

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

For key buying what I love is on Aliexpress some traders offer to cut the key for a nominal fee, all you need do is take a photo of the old key. My 307 I recently bought came with one non remote key (just what do people do with the keys?) and I was able to buy replacements from China and the turned the locks beautifully, then of course I had to do more work coding them, something made more difficult because I didn't have the security number card nor were they smart enough to write it in the handbook.
Then of course I had trouble with the programmer not wanting to connect, just like you'll see on Youtube from buyers of the H108 programmer, that was solved by a bit of thinking and not using the extension OBD cable I leave in the socket.
Now I have to overcome that I can't set the new keys' remote up, now it seems PSA like to use different breeds of remote, eventually I shall overcome, if only to satisfy my DIY belief.

Yep you need to change the remote brand in the bsi using diagbox. But not all the Chinese ones work but at the price I guess it’s ok.

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

You can purchase blank keys with a transponder chip inside I have these for sale but you will need the pin code to code a key a Delphi ds150 can code keys for 207s if you want to diy or most auto locksmiths

I only have the vin number and the current main key have to use door lock to open the car, works fine starting and can use plip to lock the car. Have sent an emails yesterday on monday to 2 locksmiths no reply as yet. What sort of cost am I looking at?

We would never give them out over the phone because it just wasn’t worth the risk especially because we didn’t charge for them. I had a policy of needing the customer there with the papers same name on licence.

We would never give them out over the phone because it just wasn’t worth the risk

The thing is for me is that it's like car radios in a bygone age, they may have been a thief magnet once upon a time but now any person seeking a code would pretty well have to be legit. Cars that are not on the thieves desirable list are not a risk.

The thing is for me is that it's like car radios in a bygone age, they may have been a thief magnet once upon a time but now any person seeking a code would pretty well have to be legit. Cars that are not on the thieves desirable list are not a risk.

Well the fact of the matter is every time a code is gotten from the server your name is logged and you are responsible for what ever is done with it.