205 register????

BIGRR

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
“205 REGISTER”??????

What about an Australasian aussiefrogs: Peugeot 205 Register ("Sticky”)?
It would be good to find out how many are left and to track them!
(It could be a base for all other Froggie models too?)

Could it be based on the existing thread “Australian 16v205 register” started by Karoshi. (Sample below).
It could be used to register ALL 205s (Standard or otherwise).
Each 205 registration sheet could be numbered as registered. (ie 1 - ?) increasing by one digit as you post
the information on the thread.

· The existing 20516v registered sheets could be cut and pasted across?
· A couple of pics could be added?
· Is there a computer guru out there willing to create some kind of standard data base that could be used?

Thoughts?........ :)

SAMPLE:
CAR Make & No: “X”
OWNER: Aussiefrogger.
DATE: 1/12/2011
BUILD DATE: 7/'92
ORIGINAL MODEL: GTi
VIN:
OWNED SINCE: 2005
COLOUR: White
SEATS: 1 or 2
SUNROOF: No
INTERIOR: None
ROLL CAGE: Yes
ENGINE: XU10J4
VALVES: 16, custom 36.5mm/30.0mm
CAPACITY: 1998cc
INDUCTION: 48mm EFI Hardware TB's
SUPERCHARGER/TURBOCHARGER: No
INLET CAM: 16S400A
EXHAUST CAM: 16S402A
PISTONS: Wiseco flat top forged
COMPRESSION: 11.5:1
INTERCOOLER: N/A
INLET MANIFOLD: custom, made from XU9J4
EXHAUST MANIFOLD: GTi6, ceramic coated
INJECTORS: Bosch 0 280 150 803
AIRFILTER: Custom
FUEL PUMP: Standard
SUMP: Custom
ECU: Haltech Sport 1000
IGNITION: M&W Pro-14, Bosch MEC718 coils (x4)
EXHAUST: 2.25"
POWER AT WHEELS: 132kW
TORQUE MAX: ???
REV LIMIT: 8200
FUEL CONSUMPTION:
CLUTCH: 1.9L Mi16
GEAR BOX/RATIO'S:
1st 2.92
2nd 1.85
3rd 1.36
4th 1.069
5th 0.865
QUICKSHIFT: Custom, rod ends all joints
DIFF: Tran-X, 4.75:1
SUSPENSION: Front - DMS coil overs, Rear - Bilstein, 23mm torsion bars, 25mm ARB
BRAKES: Front GTi6, Rear Std
WHEELS: 15x6, 15x7
MOTORSPORT: CSCA Supersprint Series, Class Non-Marque 3A
BEST CIRCUIT TIMES:
HILLClIMB TIMES?
DRAG TIMES?
60ft?
1/4 mile?
Terminal speed?
OTHER COMMENTS:*
Dyno sheets?
Drag Stripsheets?

great idea Rob ...

I'm IN! The Porsche guys do it and it's a brilliant resource. Maybe not needing as much detail, but I was only wondering why we did not have one of these already. Maybe have one for 405MI16's too?

I should really update that data.....

“205 REGISTER”??????

What about an Australasian aussiefrogs: Peugeot 205 Register ("Sticky”)?
It would be good to find out how many are left and to track them!
(It could be a base for all other Froggie models too?)

· The existing 20516v registered sheets could be cut and pasted across?
· A couple of pics could be added?
· Is there a computer guru out there willing to create some kind of standard data base that could be used?

Thoughts?........ :)

Well I could look at expanding the functionality of 205gti.info to capture/display this kind of information if ppl are interested.

I am about to expand what's on this site with engine/paint/trim/gearbox info so this could fit in with this.

Currently I have base data on (engine/paint/trim/serial numbers/options) for 120 AU GTi's and around 18 Si's although some of these are not AFers or possibly not still in existence.

Last edited:
I think it would be hard to keep track and update all those cars over time hence the list would be irrelevant shortly after inception. Imagine a car used rarely and mainly for all sorts of mods that take long to implement. What does that say about the car? Not much.

I think it would be more relevant to have a much shorter summary about each car. For instance MY(e.g. MAR1987, whatever), state (e.g. chicken pen/POS/shabby/not-too-shabbyG/VG/Nicely used original/showroom/etc) and use (daily/occasional/WE, etc), perhaps briefly mention mods if any. From that we would get a much better idea of what the cars are like and how they're likely to evolve as time goes by.

Last edited:
You would for sure need to have the VIN to be certain that the cars are unique through the years as they're "spotted" or contributed. In 404 circles, we have 2044 Coupé and Cabriolets as well as 3230 Sedans, Wagons and Utes, all by VIN or body number.

Yeah, sorry, that was what I was thinking of when I said MY. I was thinking VIN. Now it is questionable if most people would want to put such details here given how much you hear about engine swaps and so on.

Registers that I've used in the past that have worked well included the VIN and then the factory configuration & options, then after that any modifications and owners history.

Aren't you duplicating the work of the Peugeot club?

Aren't you duplicating the work of the Peugeot club?

Well down in here in 'sunny' Melbourne, I know that as far as the 205s are concerned, there is scant information registered with the PCCV and I would assume like down here, there are many 205 owners around who aren't members of any of the state based clubs but are on AF.

Yes VINs for some reason are guarded more jealously than inside leg measurements by some people. I don't quite understand this with regular GTi's although some might be protective if its a limited edition model like a Classic or 1FM... but these are all now documented anyhoo.

Seeings how regular GTi's sometime fetch stratospheric prices in the UK and there is never a mention of matching body/engine numbers, its a bit of mystery to me... happy to be edumecated.

Well down in here in 'sunny' Melbourne, I know that as far as the 205s are concerned, there is scant information registered with the PCCV and I would assume like down here, there are many 205 owners around who aren't members of any of the state based clubs but are on AF.

Yes VINs for some reason are guarded more jealously than inside leg measurements by some people. I don't quite understand this with regular GTi's although some might be protective if its a limited edition model like a Classic or 1FM... but these are all now documented anyhoo.

Seeings how regular GTi's sometime fetch stratospheric prices in the UK and there is never a mention of matching body/engine numbers, its a bit of mystery to me... happy to be edumecated.

You are kinda answering your own question. Prices on the rise feed hope that any POS will one day cover the retirement fund shortfall. Information at large can be a problem then.

Matching numbers are easily verified once the bonnet is up but how much does that say about an original car? Now, if you could take the head off...

You are kinda answering your own question. Prices on the rise feed hope that any POS will one day cover the retirement fund shortfall. Information at large can be a problem then.

Matching numbers are easily verified once the bonnet is up but how much does that say about an original car? Now, if you could take the head off...

I don't really think I was answering my question... although the voices in my head do sometimes :)

My point is that we only have 205GTi's and Si's over here so there probably isn't going to be any POS's trying to be clever... it's not like the old skool Cooper S rebirthing that was popular once. Maybe I'm just not devious enough.

Is the 205gti.info able to be expanded to this functionality?
With registered members access to view data?
How many cars are already on that list?

You haven't seen the ads some time ago for "pristine" cars going for 12k or so, then moving up to 15k (the same car)?

I'm not sure how a detailed inventory of GTi's is going to make this situation worse... ppl will ask what they like for a vehicle... and the market will decide what its worth.

Apart from the the recent low mileage minter that was recently sold in the UK, it seems the other high priced GTi's were bought by collectors/inverstors with deep pockets and were happy to pay whatever the asking price was for a heavily restored GTi and perhaps not necessarily the type of person who hangs out here or on 205gtiDrivers.

You missed all the fun.

I didn't suggest an inventory would make this (or any other) situation worse (or better). I suggested that such a list will probably end up with the cars we already know. Very little chance some remote area 205 owner who has not found Aussiefrogs yet would join and bring a long lost car back to the fold.

Those people I mentioned above are not going to join, nor are they going to list their cars here so it's totally irrelevant.

I'm in!

The 205 classic register here on aussiefrogs is preety cool!

Does anyone know of a good base register?

People should only fill in the parts they feel comfortable with. They would not have to give away their secrets!

If we can find a good base register then, the only thing left is to jointly amend it to suit froggie cars and find a computer Guru that could set it up to work here. :)