• Tapatalk and Mobile iOS/ Android APPs no longer supported on aussiefrogs.com. Please delete on your device. Use the web interface instead.

2002 206 gti ew12 engine swap

Dicanio

I purchased a 2002 206 gti rallye, when mechanics run the plate it comes back as a 206 gti RC180 the RC180 was not released until October of 2003, the badge on the back of my car says 206 RC200 and it also has the ew12 2.2 vvt engine, it all looks as if Peugeot are the people who fit the engine, as there is nothing in the paperwork of the swap being done by a previous owner as it would have needed certifying, I can not find another one anywhere, anyone seen or driven one,

speaksgeek

1000+ Posts
Do you have a VIN you can share? What country are you in?
Do you have any photos of the car, I'd be very interested to see everything. Particularly the intake and airbox setup.
You're right that the 180 wasn't made until late 2003, and I've never heard of an RC200, the European 180 was just called RC, GTi180 was only for RHD markets.
The EW12 motor has less power than the EW10J4S in standard form, but I've heard of people using the EW10J4S head on an EW12 block to make a hybrid engine with the better flowing head, it might make 200hp or so, but would probably need more compression than stock, and I don't know how the heads affect that.

Armidillo

1000+ Posts
Welcome to Aussie Frogs Dicanio! Speaksgeek - if you hover over (or click on) the big 'D', it reveals that Dicanio is in New Zealand, and that he only joined yesterday!

speaksgeek

1000+ Posts
Welcome to Aussie Frogs Dicanio! Speaksgeek - if you hover over (or click on) the big 'D', it reveals that Dicanio is in New Zealand, and that he only joined yesterday!
Yes, I saw that after I posted my reply. NZ had some weird special 206's, WRC limited editions etc. Still never heard of an EW12 one.

Dapco Auto France