For Sale 1992 405 Mi16 (Ph1.5)

BodenM

Tadpole
It's with a heavy heart that I'm offering my '92 405 Mi16 up for sale, unfortunately between work ramping up and my other projects I just don't have the time to give this car the love and attention it needs and deserves. I picked this car up almost a year ago as a lockdown project and while I've had my fun with it I would rather see it go to another enthusiast who can fix it up properly and enjoy it instead of it just sitting on the street looking forlorn. You can see the work I've carried out on the car in detail here, but here's the cliffs:
  • 286,000km
  • Non-ABS, non-sunroof, cloth interior car
  • Peter Taylor stage 1 cam and chip (car goes like stink)
  • Spoox silicone oil breather hose kit
  • Spoox aluminium crank pulley
  • Spoox Group N rear torque bush
  • Spoox BE3 short shifter (fitted to gearbox but rod not connected to short shifter as it conflicted with one of the other gear rods)
  • Sachs shocks and lowering springs in the front, lowered rear beam axle
  • Phase 2 Mi16 wheels
  • Heater bypass pipe deleted (threaded plug in thermostat housing + replaced lower water distribution block)
  • Brand new clutch cable fitted
  • Engine was removed from car last year and had all new seals fitted, plus a new timing belt, tensioners and water pump, along with all new fluids and filters.
  • Pug Racing adjustable gear rod kit (not fitted)
  • Koni Yellow rear shocks (not fitted)
  • Momo boss kit (not fitted)
  • Desborough Designs replica OEM foglight protectors (not fitted)
  • Heavy duty aluminium bash plate (not fitted)
  • Savage Performance oil pressure gauge (sensor fitted, gauge not wired up or fitted)
  • Various spare parts and a Haynes manual also included
  • A/C and interior blower inop
  • Body has seen better days, clear coat on the bonnet and roof are hazy, driver's exterior door handle is broken front air dam is covered in stone chips and the passenger side front guard has a dent
  • Car has clutch issues, either pressure plate fingers have failed or clutch fork is bent as the clutch does not disengage correctly no matter how it is adjusted, it either drags, or the pedal gets very stiff and the clutch fails to return correctly. Car could be driven onto a trailer but I would firmly not recommend driving the vehicle any distance because the clutch makes some terrible noises and driving it in this state could damage the synchros in the gearbox.
The car is located on the southside of Brisbane, not far from Pat Rafter Arena. I'm looking for around $2000 but feel free to sling me an offer, the worst I can say is no. If the car doesn't sell eventually I will get it fixed up, I would prefer it to go to someone who would do that sooner than I would though. Pics below:
2021-01-23 18.31.20.jpg

2021-01-23 12.20.53.jpg

2021-01-31 16.48.08.jpg

145262570_495104945220643_5739544191475312670_o (2).jpg

142953834_2576754549291524_452410895750397566_o (2).jpg

DSC_1140 (1).jpg

DSC_1082.jpg

DSC_1099 (1).jpg