1951 203 for sale

Australians liked a solid steel roof. The cheapest cars were always the soft top tourers. People remembered the 1920's cars with canvas in the centre of the roof that always ended up leaking. That's why the decouvrable didn't sell. Australian advertisements never made the sunroof a selling point and road testers usually ignored it. When the drain holes were kept free and the roof firmly closed I've found it doesn't leak but most sun roof cars had some water staining on the headlining. The sliding steel sunroof was a Peugeot feature from before the war. I'm certainly glad I've got a sunroof car.

Yes this one is now pending to be sold. Car belonged to a long term AussieFrogs member who sadly passed away. I am friends with his grandson (small world) hence why I've posted it up here. I myself am restoring a 203.

how is your resto' going Sammy ( enquiring minds would love a thread ) ?

An original car with matching engine number is inherently more valuable. But it needs the right buyer. I would stress the originality in any advertising. Perhaps Unique Cars.

- if just for the book that comes with it ...
Some interesting JT&EN Close. Finley, N.S.W. Peugeot & Dodge agents..jpginfo on Peter's car at a later date,,,,,,,,,, hope she finds a good home.

Originality is worth money. Gives credit to the owner. Touch of sadness - is the owner too old to keep it or even passed on?

A big mark up. Interesting the dealer thought the 203 worthy of taking on given his high priced line up. It's all in the marketing. Basil Moran made good money buying and reselling old Peugeots with a bit of a touch up and a back story to match. For all the photos and talk the car doesn't have a RWC offered. Or whatever they have in NSW. If the car is so good, the question is always why not? Always the selling point of Basil's cars. A RWC. They could be put on the road immediately. I'd like to think such a 203 was worth a good price and I've heard of original cars making that money before. But how large is the potential market?

Rather sad. Such a well looked after car. It must have given the owner much pleasure. A reminder to older enthusiasts we need to give thought to "succession plans " - what will happen to our much loved vehicles when we no longer need them. There is nothing more disagreeable than greedy folk descending on an enthusiast collection. Or valuable parts being dumped.