1948 Peugeot 202 woody wagon

A shame C&G weren't able to continue on, Renault weren't good for Peugeot. Tas Smith moved on to Mazda.

Shannon's current catalog has a 1922 Delage CO2, less than 10 examples left in the world. It was "recently" built by Delage Garage on a genuine CO2 chassis in Melbourne to pay homage to the 1920s CO2 LSR Delage.

It's fitted with a period correct V8 Hispano-Suiza aeroplane engine, the original LSR car had a V12, so this one's not trying to be a clone of the original.

Estimate $530K to $580K AUD.
The last standard, fully restored, 1922 CO2 at auction (in 2020) sold for $186K AUD?

Interesting to see if it makes the estimate.🤷‍♂️
I see the Delage with the engine conversion made $555K. Shannon's estimate range was bang on.

My car was sold by Wendts, I have the original sales book.
I knew them well. Ticker Williams did his apprenticeship on the 203. Harold King was an ex marine engineer and meticulous. He did a ring job on my 403 that lasted for 90,000 miles. Great workshop and spares but couldn't handle the fault ridden 504's. Workshop run independently of the showroom and spares. Business was leased out around 1962 but one of the partners was a high living scoundrel who took his father in law down. Later run by Peter Valentine who didn't make a success of it. When my superseded stock 504 was ridiculously fault ridden Valentine's response was what did you expect, buying an old stock car.
Saw Ticker at Vaggs late 1990's, still had his immaculate 403. Remembered my 504 all too well.

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 84
I know Mark Valentine, Peter's son, from Mountain Bike Orienteering. He had a 505 GTi for a long time, may still have it.

I shouldn't be too hard on Valentine, the early cars were so badly assembled they put the dealers in a bad position. Family bought one next year from Regans and they were worse.

It's no AMC Pacer but I guess this French effort looks OK.😁

Attachments

• images (46).jpeg
    images (46).jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 81