15" 205 GTi Tyres

GTI124 said:
Ahh, that's better! Dunlop's LM702 are available in that size and are the pick of the Dunlop range.

Bridgestone Potenza GIIIs are in that size.

Yokohama have their A539 and the next step down is the S306.

Sumitomo make their HTR 200 in that size, which is a decent budget tyre.

The Bridgestone and Dunlops are both very good tyres and I'd chose between them on whatever's cheaper. A539 is a good tyre, too.

giddee up!! :dance: :dance:

thankyou

GTI124 said:
Ahh, that's better! Dunlop's LM702 are available in that size and are the pick of the Dunlop range.

So you think the 702's are better than the 901's?

BTW, has anyone tried the Yokohama ES100's? They look more serious than the 539's which are apparently quite lame in the wet, and aren't that much more expensive.

Last edited:
tyre selection..

DTwo said:
I have 185 simex's on my 205......they are not very good performance tyre.....they do last a long time though (which sucks when you are trying to replace them :rolleyes: )

Forget the Michelins, I think from a price performance perspective they are poor value for money......

Have a look at Dunlop FM901s or Bridgestone RE711s in 195

gday mate, just a quick qestion i need to buy some new tyes for my 205, as this is my first time im not to sure where to find a good retailer.. somewhere that stocks dunlops and bridgestones??

sorry to bother u man, you were the only other melbournite on that tyre thread!
cheers :adrink:

rogue said:
gday mate, just a quick qestion i need to buy some new tyes for my 205, as this is my first time im not to sure where to find a good retailer.. somewhere that stocks dunlops and bridgestones??

sorry to bother u man, you were the only other melbournite on that tyre thread!
cheers :adrink:

ahhhh you should ignore that one, "PM not reply!" :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cubits said:
So you think the 702's are better than the 901's?

BTW, has anyone tried the Yokohama ES100's? They look more serious than the 539's which are apparently quite lame in the wet, and aren't that much more expensive.

No, 901s are better than 702s. Direzza DZ101s are better again. 901s aren't available in this size, wihch is why I didn't mention these other two.

AVS ES100 is better (much better) than A539. First I've heard of the A539 being lame in the wet, they're more lame in the dry with their relatively soft sidewalls. BUT this is in Z rated in low profiles. In H rated, they are a decent tyre for the money. a notch above Dunlop 300E and Pirelli P6000s