Where are they all coming from?

Unlike Latin it is possible to determine how Esperanto should be correctly spoken.

Latin is really a dead language and those who used it conversationally are no longer here to enlighten us.
Esperanto is a concocted modern 'international' secondary language and so we know how it was meant to be spoken.

Sort of loses some of the humourous impact, doesn´t it, when someone has to explain it.
I did add a smiley ... :) It's kind of like extending the joke, but that nuance gets lost when one has to explain what one is doing.

Ian.

Latin is really a dead language and those who used it conversationally are no longer here to enlighten us.
Latin words are alive and well.
You won't get far in medical school without using them.

Latin words are alive and well.
You won't get far in medical school without using them.
But the original reply was "used conversationally', and that it is not. Therefore the language is not a living language, so it is dead.
Even though some of the words are still in use, they are not evolving like those of a living language.

But the original reply was "used conversationally', and that it is not. Therefore the language is not a living language, so it is dead.
Even though some of the words are still in use.
Try hanging around surgeons at their workplace, you might be surprised how much Latin is still in use.

... or a botanist and many others. However, it's regarded as a 'dead' language despite having usage and many words being the roots of other languages, esp. English and Spanish.

Fluctuat nec mergitur
20230325_174333.jpg

😉

Wow, a couple of surprises there for me with the 1975 car prices
A DS was more expensive than a V8 Rover!
These things are always fun / interesting : here is a selection of 'new car' prices from Wheels Magazine September 1975.

DS23 EFI manual $9990 (auto $10990)
GS Club manual $4800 (auto $5050)

Datsun 120Y manual $3541
Toyota Corolla SE manual $3376

Renault 16TS manual $5494
Peugeot 504 EFI manual $7709
Ford Falcon 500 manual $4212
Holden Kingswood $4271
Volvo244GL manual $7630
VW Passat 4 door manual $4271
Rover 3500S manual $8183
Saab 99EFI auto $$8195

Mercedes 280 (auto) $17341
BMW 520 man $10434

Porsche 911man base model $18,455
Ferrari Boxer ( BB I think) $43,387
Rolls Royce Siver shadow $39,865

and.. "affordable exotics" ?
Alfa Romeo Montreal $15,303
Maserati Merak $19,00 (almost a Citroen)
Fiat 130 Coupe $ 16,674

I could go on but won't -the same issue has a review on the Citroen CX2200.

cheers
Ramon
Wow a couple of surprises there for me on the 1975 car prices
A VW Passat was the same price as a Kingswood😳
A GS was cheaper than an R16 ( I loved my ‘75 R16 TS, but not as accomplished as a GS)
There has been a few anomalies with vehicle pricing over the years. I had a Peugeot Mi16, which was around $50k I believe in its day. Huge amount in early nineties!
My 2003 Peugeot Coupe came with original purchase papers for around $75k!

cheers
Glenn

... or a botanist and many others. However, it's regarded as a 'dead' language despite having usage and many words being the roots of other languages, esp. English and Spanish.
The Pope might disagree.😉

The Ancient Language Institute says this about Latin in today's world.

Pax vobiscum.✌

20230325_173456.jpg
20230325_173532.jpg

Wow, a couple of surprises there for me with the 1975 car prices

Wow a couple of surprises there for me on the 1975 car prices
A VW Passat was the same price as a Kingswood😳
A GS was cheaper than an R16 ( I loved my ‘75 R16 TS, but not as accomplished as a GS)
There has been a few anomalies with vehicle pricing over the years. I had a Peugeot Mi16, which was around $50k I believe in its day. Huge amount in early nineties!
My 2003 Peugeot Coupe came with original purchase papers for around $75k!

cheers
Glenn
I recall reading a Wheels test (or was it MM🤔) where they compared a 16TS with a (IIRC) 186S equipped HT Kingswood.
It was an odd pairing, but they chose them because they were almost identical in price.
The Renault came out on top for most of the metrics relevant to the article.
Obviously towing a 22' caravan wasn't one of them.😉

I wonder how much it will sell for.
That a great unknown unfortunately. I guess it will end up being that old adage "it's worth what someone is willing to pay".🤷‍♂️
Hopefully it finds a good home.