Industry News

There seems to be a lot of biased junk propaganda paid for by certain would be manufacturers and their investor backers who claim much but deliver little, unless they can force governments to restrict other competitors who produce more marketable and cheaper vehicles or induce governments to subsidize their product - almost like the British experience where corporate interests secured money for wind farms on the promise that they would solve all problems, but if you ask the ordinary man in the street in the UK IF they did that the universal reply is that they did not. If you ask the same man in the street if the current push for electric vehicles was mandated into law if their fragile electricity Grid could now supply power to charge them and the answer not at all despite the huge promotion and councils declaring their area is a low pollution area and penalising conventional fuelled vehicles with punitive taxes and levies on Diesel owners and Corporates using the vehicles, subsidies by stealth.

The hot Gospeling wind farm urgers and investors have fled the UK to try and use other ruses in other places because the average person woke up to the scams that just didn't deliver any real benefits to ordinary working people apart from higher energy costs and unreliable power. The only bright side is that the new Nuclear Electricity Generators IF THEY GET BUILT quickly, just might stave off the total collapse of the UK grid with present electricity consumption.

The general comment is that all promises have lead to nothing and ordinary people can't see Britain ever having an abundance of electricity due to massive bungling and delay, and that Mr and Mrs average can't even afford to buy a new car electric or not, Brexit of course just adds its own complications, I'd urge anyone with relatives or friends in the UK (the ordinary people) to ask them about this, and if they think the present propaganda peddlars have the slightest chance of delivering.

My research in that regard seems to indicate the majority will suffer, while a few rich promoters will cream off what they can before skipping the country like the select group that lobbied for wind farms and lined their own pockets. There is quite a bit of anger and some despair in the UK with winter looming. But the lobbyists and paid propaganda peddlars will tell you their rosy promotional stories till reality hits.

Almost the "perfect economic" storm that might deliver more chaos than ordinary workers can handle.

Ken.

It’s good to know that biased promotion is limited to the renewables sector Ken.
Having a nominated scapegoat makes life so much easier don’t you think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder how a charcoal gas digester rates on the environmental scales? Peugeot assessed four makes for the 402 and recommended the Gazogene because it didn't asphyxiate the passengers. Renewable fuel and if you ran short a bit of roadside forage would get you going again.

Your mission, if you accept it, is to design a car more ugly than the i3 -

(no sweat!)
9528fef4069c637f1be6f66656dfa3b0.jpg

https://electrek.co/wp-content/uplo...1569926076651.jpg?quality=82&strip=all&w=1065

There must be an annual ugly competition Japan fixates on.

All they need is a diesel generator to keep them charged. Hang on, here's an idea, why not put the diesel directly IN the vehicle.

Subscribe to a Volvo.
Pay a subscription fee monthly and you get a new car delivered every two years......as an example.
No worrying about payout figures etc.
In Europe already.
Here soon, I guess.

You may not have read about the JL Wrangler recall due to faulty body welds.
Good thing it’s not a Tesla, because I’m pretty sure you would have read about it.

Subscribe to a Volvo.
Pay a subscription fee monthly and you get a new car delivered every two years......as an example.
No worrying about payout figures etc.
In Europe already.
Here soon, I guess.

Toyota is close with guaranteed buyback prices on Hi Lux but depreciation is still steep enough and there is some question as to how aggressively condition will be assessed.
It would seem that some dealers want to make a larger return on their trade ins than their new vehicles which makes the deal less attractive to an owner.

Last edited:
Like an operating lease (as opposed to finance lease). Can be lucrative for the seller/lessor

Last edited:
Last edited:
There are knockers in every world, some knockers are better than others..

British Diesels used to be called knockers, like the Commer knocker, then the word came to mean other things.