Citroen Ebay listings..

Two copies of Reynolds Original DS at present.
This is the lower priced of the two at US134.95+$50 post:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Original...952?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item1c1be830c0
A little battered and expensive post, but still a lot cheaper than what I'd sell my copy for and what's being asked for the second copy listed.

Considering I spent 125.00US for mine without a dust jacket, that's actually pretty fair value. The missing jacket was easy to rationalize- the information inside is still the same- but it would have been nice. I'm surprised that post to you would be so ridiculously high. :confused:

Looking at that GS Wagon, OMG! That car is gorgeous! I want another GS. A wagon, especially in that good of nick, would be like finding the Holy Grail over here. :headbang:

Hi Froggers,

First time caller, long time listener.
I'm very excited to say I am the new owner of the DS 23 Pallas:banana:. Just got it home last night on the back of a flatbed and yes all quarter panels and doors do need a bit of work and that's fine. The engine runs well but the car doesn't rise and the brakes don't work because the steering rack needs re-conditioning:(. I've downloaded the shop manuals and read the blow by blow on this forum as well so I am going to attempt pulling it out.
Question is, once I have it in my greasy little hands can I re-condition it myself. It seems like it needs quite a few specialty tools. I called French Connection who are local to me but he's not working on DS's any more because of a lack of parts.
Any advice will be appreciated and also thanks to the advice and guidance of Rev Dogboy who has been very gracious in replying to all my emails.

Last edited:
I wonder how many on here were trying to keep that quiet :wink2:.

You can see why people are bidding on that CX ... They'll tear the interior straight out and throw the rest away. You can't see 3 door trims, the back of the drivers seat, or the top of the back seat where the sun hits. The top of the steering wheel is melted if you look in one of the piccies :(

Certainly the interior looks amazing in the bits shown though!

seeya,
Shane L.

Citroen body moulds door panel strips genuine parts new.

I can't identify what model Citroen these fit, there are 11 strips all NOS - starting bid $19.99

attachment.php

Could be useful to someone here?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Citroen-...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b78cca0a

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• Citroen_body_moulds.jpg
    Citroen_body_moulds.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,235
They look like Accessorie strips from the early 80's, or as fitted to GSA or the Athena specification CX. You'd want to ask the vendor for the lengths.

They look like Accessorie strips from the early 80's, or as fitted to GSA or the Athena specification CX. You'd want to ask the vendor for the lengths.

Thanks Bruce,
I was thinking possibly GS/GSA, so are you saying they are an aftermarket fitment?
They look pretty good, nice solid stainless with a decent thickness of rubber, but you would need to know just what model they fitted and that there was at least a complete set amongst the 11 pieces :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Thanks Bruce,
I was thinking possibly GS/GSA, so are you saying they are an aftermarket fitment?
They look pretty good, nice solid stainless with a decent thickness of rubber, but you would need to know just what model they fitted and that there was at least a complete set amongst the 11 pieces :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

They look strikingly similar to those on the GS wagon in carsales...

IIRC these were factory fitment on GSA and the CX Athena, but were also sold at the time as accessories for after market fitment (to GS wagons :) ) or other CXs originally sold without strips (Super and I can't remember if the Reflex came with strips from factory or not).

The car looks nice enough, but 45K is a hell of a lot for a standard D. If you tell me it's a concours winner, be prepared to have it inspected as one. :evil:

The car looks nice enough, but 45K is a hell of a lot for a standard D. If you tell me it's a concours winner, be prepared to have it inspected as one. :evil:

I wonder if it's Bob Kings old red one. The cars a bargain if compared to that $8500 ID19 on ebay either way :)

seeya,
Shane L.

Citroen DS - Design Icon.
Bobbitt's excellent book is rapidly becoming as hard to track down and almost as expensive as the Reynolds book. It's out of print and Veloce have not yet got around to doing a reprint in any format, so at present, this is a reasonably priced copy:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CITROEN-...lothing_Merchandise_Media&hash=item53eaad5514

Thanks David! I have now secured my copy!!!

Best wishes for 2012 and thanks for all the useful and helpful information.