Citroen Ebay listings..

This has to be too good to wreck!!!

This has to be worth a look :eek:

Just over the hill from Shane :wink2:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/citroen-...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b91d8473

attachment.php

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• Ebay_id.jpg
    Ebay_id.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 797
This is a Heidelberg model and from the pics looks to be in good condition. Have a look at the steering wheel in the pic.

This is a Heidelberg model and from the pics looks to be in good condition. Have a look at the steering wheel in the pic.

...and that faux woodgrain dash :wink2:

I'd bet that car is not on the id register...

attachment.php

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• Ebay_id_dash.jpg
    Ebay_id_dash.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 782
Nah.... if it ended up here it would be another parts car. That's the sort of car I'm happy to remove for the owner, I wouldn't pay more than scrap metal value for it though.

It might be ok, it's impossible to tell from the piccies. Anyone interested needs to go look at it's hull and see if it's rusty :)

seeya,
Shane L.

It might be ok, it's impossible to tell from the piccies. Anyone interested needs to go look at it's hull and see if it's rusty :)

seeya,
Shane L.

That goes without saying, and good advice for any D model...

This car though has been stored under cover for 20 years, it certainly looks too good to wreck. It looks like it may have a cooked motor judging by the radiator? As I said certainly worth a look!

Cheers
Chris

Patina-wise, it looks great. I'd just hit it with a coat of clear and drive it like that. The look under the bonnet and the shrubs in front of the windscreen don't look too promising.

Would love it, but I have far too many cars now.

Patina-wise, it looks great. I'd just hit it with a coat of clear and drive it like that. The look under the bonnet and the shrubs in front of the windscreen don't look too promising.

Would love it, but I have far too many cars now.

Hmm unless I sell a GS.... *rubs chin*

How much for the leeetle GS? :evil:

Cheers
Chris

I'm surprised at the interest in the ID19. It's possible it's quite a good car ... or it could be complete sh!t. The ribbon on the steering wheel looks good, the dash vents look unbroken, what you can see of the seats and door trims looks intact.

It's possible the car is quite good. If the bottom half of all the panels still exists, it's likely the hull would also be sound..... how to tell without looking at it though :confused:

seeya,
Shane L.

I'm surprised at the interest in the ID19. It's possible it's quite a good car ... or it could be complete sh!t. The ribbon on the steering wheel looks good, the dash vents look unbroken, what you can see of the seats and door trims looks intact.

It's possible the car is quite good. If the bottom half of all the panels still exists, it's likely the hull would also be sound..... how to tell without looking at it though :confused:

seeya,
Shane L.

I think the interest is because it looks like a very honest car, the only non standard appears to be the radio. It may well be a rotted out hulk - but on the other hand it may be a gem.

I also agree with donat, the car looks superb as it is, if there were a way to preserve its patina without it turning to dust that would also be my approach.

Someone has made contact with seller to have a look, that's all I've ever said, this car is worth a look.

Cheers
Chris

Cheers
Chris

I think the interest is because it looks like a very honest car, the only non standard appears to be the radio. It may well be a rotted out hulk - but on the other hand it may be a gem.

I also agree with donat, the car looks superb as it is, if there were a way to preserve its patina without it turning to dust that would also be my approach.

Someone has made contact with seller to have a look, that's all I've ever said, this car is worth a look.

Cheers
Chris

Cheers
Chris

Nah, not the car itself. I'm surprised 'cos usually when you say "ID19" you get a shrug of the shoulders from most Citroen people. Generally like GS's and CX's, ID19's haven't had any interest shown in them at all compared to there younger and faster siblings with power steering ... especially there younger siblings with fuel injection, pallas trim and hydraulic gearboxes :)

seeya,
Shane L.

Nah, not the car itself. I'm surprised 'cos usually when you say "ID19" you get a shrug of the shoulders from most Citroen people. Generally like GS's and CX's, ID19's haven't had any interest shown in them at all compared to there younger and faster siblings with power steering ... especially there younger siblings with fuel injection, pallas trim and hydraulic gearboxes :)

seeya,
Shane L.

It's a huge responsibility to own an id, good unmolested examples are becoming rare. I'd have one in a heartbeat and that is probably true for many here. Time, space, money, knowledge, parts, and understanding partner all have a bearing.

Let's presume that car is intact, you would have to expect the whole hydraulic system, seals and many mechanical components will need serious attention - that is without the general mechanical condition. I imagine a huge undertaking to get it back to road use.

Doesn't mean we don't appreciate them, your thread on the work you are doing is surely testament to the enthusiasm here (25,000+ hits).

Cheers
Chris

I think whoever buys it should look at it as a restoration and not as a parts car. It would be terrible to lose another!

He's almost overtaken a certain other nameless thread!

I've salvaged a few old LHS parts that had sat in a paddock for decades and some were still OK and other not.
Last week I acquired a bunch of early Dee parts. Amongst them was a post-61 ID19 brake valve, covered in merde and had obviously sat around for years. When I pulled it apart I found no significant corrosion or crud. There was slight staining on the pistons corresponding to the cylinder ports. Cleaned it up and put it back together. Now on the shelf as a spare which I probably will never need. I think that there is some paranoia about LHS systems.
roger