The DS Appreciation Thread

Bruce and Madge were probably married

Per apps, it was by zis monsignor

TMAec.jpg

Clearly, on this day he had other tasks...

cheers,
richo

image owned by author.

Last edited:
No Vangaurds or EJ's. Clearly someone should enlighten those poor Europeans.

A pretty colour for FrankenD, but does he get a bolt on each front guard behind the wheel???

I've got a ferguson TE-20, does that answer the Vangaurd question? It could, being nasty, also stand in for a triumph TR3 and a 48 Ford truck, depending on what bits (engine, transmission, final drive) are claimed for kinship...

TED-20 engine is Standard Vangaurd tuned to run of fermented turnips. (Vaporising oil) The TEF-20 has a diesel in it. Apparently also fitted to the Vangaurd and the only serious production car slower than a Mercedes 200D

Of course not , you silly twisted man. It's so that the hydraulic fluid will not run out when you remove the spheres. Gravity you know.
Obviously one reverses the procedure for the fronts !

Live & learn.

Richard

Mercy Heritage Centre

Yes Chris, you got it in one.
Photo was taken by Richard Egglesfield so I can't claim it as one of mine. Bayside had its mid-week run to All Hallows last Thursday. High tea and a tour of that magnificent Centre.
By the way are you coming to Baydise Aust Day Rally at Ormistion State School on Saturday. free breakfast and 5/600 cars. Full details at baysideclub.org.au if you are interested.
Cheers. Kevin

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by gilberthenry

Just wondering if anyone knows of the whereabouts of the 2 stainless surrounds for this knob. It was only the DS21's that had this and I'm trying to complete a car. Also the knob with insert if possible.

Thanks, John.

There's more than one of us trying to do the same thing.

I've been looking for a while, advised that $200+ might see me with one, still waiting.
The knob is available, the two stainless pieces, they might just be made of gold!

richo

Thanks to a generous, fellow AF member I now have the two stainless fascia pieces, the reproduction knob and insert was supplied ex Europe.
Had to make up the knob carcass with a heater knob from an ID/DS, cut down to 34mm diameter then silver soldered a pair of (modified) height corrector diaphragm plates either end to make the precise (according to the #519 parts book) diameter of 34.2mm. Fits beautifully.
The knob and its carcass were specific to the Pallas, as well as the surrounds of course.

Hope you managed to find one John.

bmiwWOF.jpg

Bu1JG9i.jpg

The original carcass for the knob could also be made from a car welsh plug more easily.

Last edited:
Excellent Richo... all things come to those who wait...

Matthew :)