The DS Appreciation Thread

gold colour

Sable metalese I think. I haven't checked the paint code.

A another nice car.

That looks really nice. I"ve never like sable metalise (the colour of both my DS and my fathers) on DS's. Now I think about it I've never seen one with decent paint in that colour. The paints always buggered on every gold DS I've ever seen (or the respray has been so poorly done all I can see is how bodgey it looks).

seeya,
Shane L.

what switch

I don't know what it is, not sure how long it will last there.

Attachments

• Dash#1.jpg
    Dash#1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 591
Hey Michael

are your side impact strips original? From other pics I've seen on the net the non-pallas strips are mounted below the crease line in the doors.. ending as yours do at the end of the rear bumper bar.

Matthew

are your side impact strips original? From other pics I've seen on the net the non-pallas strips are mounted below the crease line in the doors.. ending as yours do at the end of the rear bumper bar.

The gold DS21 has Pallas side strips as it should/can have. Its just a car made before the word Pallas was on badging.

Are they yellow bulbs in the turning lights on that car? It is a great gold.

Is that a hazard lights switch under the stereo?

The switch looks like a parking switch, depending on what side of a street you park you can select left or right parkers (low wattage bulb in the main headlight, tail light), low draw on battery...

Cheers
Chris

pallas rubbing strips

these are not stick on variety, it is unlikely they've been relocated. They are attached with nuts and bolts and they are located in holes in panels drilled at factory. I think they are meant to be above the crease.

Attachments

• DS21#6.jpg
    DS21#6.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 514
these are not stick on variety, it is unlikely they've been relocated. They are attached with nuts and bolts and they are located in holes in panels drilled at factory. I think they are meant to be above the crease.

Yes.. but I was referring to Michael's beautiful Delta Blue car that started this thread.

Matthew

Yes.. but I was referring to Michael's beautiful Delta Blue car that started this thread.

Matthew

I think the intention is for them to look like the original pallas type. BTW there is a magnificent set of original Robri S/S type on ebay, they are period after market. As shown on page 74 and 74 of "Original Citroen DS". My eye sight isn't great but they look like they maybe located below the crease.

Kind regards
Michael

I think the intention is for them to look like the original pallas type. BTW there is a magnificent set of original Robri S/S type on ebay, they are period after market. As shown on page 74 and 74 of "Original Citroen DS". My eye sight isn't great but they look like they maybe located below the crease.

Kind regards
Michael

Do you have the link for that Michael?

Matthew

Uds 023

That car used to live at my place, it's got crashed?

Hey Michael

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

No, the strips on the blue car aren't original. They would've been put on the car about sixteen years ago when the car was repainted (about three owners ago).

I actually think my car shouldn't have any bump strips to be correct, although they were probably available as an optional extra.

I haven't ripped them off and replaced them with what might be correct because I suspect these are actually more serviceable than the originals in that they wouldn't dent if someone did open a door onto them. :cool:

Thanks Michael

I was just curious.. my Special doesn't have them of course but in the right light you can see all these little dings down the side of the car along the crease line. So I thought when I repaint some protective strips might be the go... without it being the same as the Pallas application. As you say, looking more like an option.

Matthew

Yes, there were some photos of it post-prang on the previous incarnation of AF, should have been fixable but never saw it in flesh or photos again

Last edited:
some old pics

a roughie, coming good slowly, but gathering momentum.

Attachments

• John4.jpg
    John4.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 544
  • 68FrontR.jpg
    68FrontR.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 540
  • 68IntA.jpg
    68IntA.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 584