The DS Appreciation Thread

The Art of The DS Citroen

This is original artwork for Citroen circa 1965 by Andre Francois

vmrv5i.jpg

Here's one for the Aussie ID aficionados

34ss4ly.jpg

This is the only sales brochure know of for the Aussie ID which we knew as the Parisienne.

Yes, it does depicts the 1st front Slough ID.

Perhaps the naming of the model was an Australian creation ? Is anyone able to expand, or even theorise based on what information we have ?

It is a Millers publication ( the Melbourne Distributors of the day ), with a road test inside as well.

Have to assume the car has a properly adjusted handbrake, or the depicted toddler ( just how does one toddle, is there a video? ) might have come to grief. Fortunately these illiustrations are from a time when life was much more care free.

I do have an Aussie ID glovebox owners manual, RHD and showing the unique Australian market vinyl interior.

Last edited:
1969 ds 21 BVH Pallas

Here is my my toy currently undergoing restoration

Attachments

• Copy of DSC_0033 cropped.jpg
    Copy of DSC_0033 cropped.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 744
  • DSC_0035.jpg
    DSC_0035.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 796
Last edited:
And an Australian advertisement from 1960 for the ID19. This was before Heidelberg production of the Parisienne and was seemingly an imported French built car with plastic trumpets. Mr Bean is sitting on the roof to prove the strength of fibreglass to doubting Australians.

For " men who value fine engineering and custom workmanship".
"Join Citroen's loyal and knowledgeable following"

OwnersBecomeSalesman.jpg

Last edited:
I just found this today....no commentary, the first couple of minutes show a very nice metallic brun pallas 23 to the music of Carla Bruni, then a very good show of the cutaway DS and some extended Citroen publicity, the early red DS which I haven't quite seen all of it pieced together. After seeing this, you still don't "get it" well perhaps you may never understand. For the rest of us enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0qk13S1NJ4

Or search Citroen DS history to get parts 1,2 and 3.

1965 Andre Francois Posters

Lots of nice pics here...

Richo, you have impeccable taste, I have been looking for those particular DS posters for ages. Are you able to let us know how you found them?

Cheers

Mark

PS
for what it's worth, shots of my D here (I am too useless to upload images into posts as don't have the skills or time to resize), they have been up before on another post no not too exciting I'm afraid...more in the general section of the site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55760056@N04/sets/72157625230474777/

Last edited:
DS's sleeping :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

seeya,
Shane L.

Attachments

• ds1.jpg
    ds1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 2,356
  • ds2.jpg
    ds2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 2,382
  • ds3.jpg
    ds3.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 2,349
Are those your cars Shane? I hope not, especially the black ID I thought it was restored and now under some pine trees. If you want to destroy a car park it under some trees.
My CX wagon was parked under some eucalypts and it is now a write off, it is the acidic residue when the leaves break down that kills them. Better to have a car out in the open than under a tree.

Loving all the pix! Keep 'em coming. :headbang:

Here's my DS23 in action. Sydney roads meet Richo's adjustable spheres, recorded with a pocket sized camera that's simply perched on the dashboard.

And no, it's not dubbed, the background music is a 'period' CD which I reckon suits the cruisy, wafty nature of the car, especially when it's loping down a freeway at speed!!! :wink2:

Are those your cars Shane? I hope not, especially the black ID I thought it was restored and now under some pine trees. If you want to destroy a car park it under some trees.
My CX wagon was parked under some eucalypts and it is now a write off, it is the acidic residue when the leaves break down that kills them. Better to have a car out in the open than under a tree.

Yep :)

Nah it's not that black ID, it's a different one. It's so rusty "underneath" it's ready to break in half. A useful parts car as it has a car full of fasteners with the early thread pitch :) The other is one of the rustiest D's I've ever seen, it is also a "cut and shut" from decades back. It bent in the middle when I tried to drag it off the trailer.

seeya,
Shane L.

Loving all the pix! Keep 'em coming. :headbang:

Here's my DS23 in action. Sydney roads meet Richo's adjustable spheres, recorded with a pocket sized camera that's simply perched on the dashboard.

And no, it's not dubbed, the background music is a 'period' CD which I reckon suits the cruisy, wafty nature of the car, especially when it's loping down a freeway at speed!!! :wink2:

Very nice Michael. It may have already been linked to another forumy website thingy....:D

I look forward to seeing your lovely DS filmed from another car. A D is a good looking car make no mistake, but they look much much better moving.

Greg

Ds21

A another nice car.

Attachments

• DS#2.jpg
    DS#2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 635
  • DS#3.jpg
    DS#3.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 619
  • DS#4.jpg
    DS#4.jpg