HELP! My DS is driving me mad.

Ah, but my car already has an electronic regulator, which has only 2 connections, not the normal 3. maybe that is why the ignition light on the dash does not work.

Don

Yep.
sounds like you got some fixen' to do. Wrong unit.

If the car has a Bosch RE55 (which BTW, only has two wires as I recall) then usually you have no orange lamp illumination to advise of low alternator output.

If lights are flickering with electronic regulator, then its' either a dying alternator by way of reduced output or another malaise.

A modern (style of operation) alternator with internal regulator and high output at low revolutions is a permanent solution.

I build them, it's probably contained in another thread if you search. There's a few members here who have them.

Last edited:
Should be fine, they're lazy devils. Real devils don't have anything like the enthusiasm of Taz the animated devil... sorry if this distorts your world view in new and drowzy ways!

Donat, the sentiment is appreciated, and I would love to see a little of Australia, but getting Daffy and I into a crate with Citroenfan would by the end of the journey make a Tasmanian Devil look tame and adorable. :roflmao:

On the plus side, there wouldn't be any of our BS standing in line for hours to be irradiated and groped to get on a plane, so there's that.