For Renault 12 fans

How much gear can you pack into and on the roof of an R12???
As much as you need :cool:

r12-wagon.jpg

So how did they do that? Just took a photo of a 12 wagon and the rest is computer generated?? Is there a 12 wagon with a rear hinged bonnet in existence??

So how did they do that? Just took a photo of a 12 wagon and the rest is computer generated?? Is there a 12 wagon with a rear hinged bonnet in existence??
If you look carefully you can see the bonnet release still in the usual place and there is no hinges at the rear of the bonnet.

As far as I know there is no R12's with a rear hinged bonnet.

I think it was done so that they could use that camera angle. I don't know why they didn't pick a car that has a conventional opening bonnet, its not as if there is so few to choose from.

Loved the spring change video Col, but the crash test is just an AI generated video, you probably knew that and it's still nice to know someone went to the trouble
Yer it is, but its probably not to far away from how well an R12 would crash if tested in the test lab. On the net there a pictures of R12's that have been in accidents, and you would not want to have been inside those particular R12's on those particular days and times.

Like you said nice that someone went to the trouble.

I think from memory my gas shocks are always extended so it makes the job harder.
I should pretty up my jig. That ones is nice
I have Bilstein B6 shocks which are gas charged and they do extend when out of the car. I compress the shocks and wrap ducting tape around the upper and lower parts so they are at their shortest to install.