Floride R1092 soft top..

Graham, I was going back through this thread and it just dawned on me.

As the Floride came out in three different options,
1. Coupe- no soft top and bolt on hard top
2. Convertable- soft top with no hard top
3. Cabriolet- soft top and hard top

Now my thoughts are,
your soft top and the way it attaches is because your car is a Cabriolet as it came with a hard top, my car with the soft top only came with that and a hard top was not supplied as it's a Convertable and never had a hard top which will explain why the back of the soft top attaches differently than yours.

What do you think?

P.S. yes the headlights.

Do you mean this one..?

It has had a hardtop at some stage..

2013-02-14%2015_57_06.jpg

The abration marks are from the hard top I got out of the bin when Ken threw out about six of them and I never got any fixings for the latches or have ever looked at the holes to see if they have been drilled after or at factory but the antenna fixing suggests a hard top hadn't been there for a fair while.

I suppose it's possible that for buyers not taking the hardtop option that rubber bungs were fitted in the latch holes instead...

The coupe version had the area where the roof folds down converted to a storage area with an access lid in the rear of the seat ( behind the fold down back). The fabric cover could could remain clipped up. I have only seen one car like that in Australia. John you saw the white one at Dalby. If original, the interior seat upholstery should include fabric inserts, that was only on the coupe.

Congratulations on the hood.

image.jpgRob, my red one that you drove is a coupe as well and has that little lid/door for storage but the cover over the top or all three sections are of a solid make covered in material which all seem to be in original condition.

It's been 15 years since I've stripped my convertable and I haven't really touched it since to remember how it all goes back together let alone how it looked or if you could reattach the cover if you had the soft top up.

My thoughts were that perhaps the convertable and cabriolet soft tops were different which would explain why Graham has found that a 1092 has two different soft tops in the way they attach at the rear or bonnet/engine end, what are your thoughts, have you ever asked or noticed the difference between a convertable and cabriolet?

Last edited:
The good book MR654 shows the rear parcel shelf setup that your car has but it still doesn't explain why Renault changed mounting systems..

scan0002.jpgscan0003.jpg

The press studs on the back of the soft top are to hold the cover on as they are a male fixing, they aren't suppose to hold the soft top down. The soft top is held down with the aid of the bar as in the pic. The three studs on either side of the soft top are female to hold it down and the six back studs are all male to hold the cover on. Mine also has a extra fixing between studs three and four, I think it was a male stud but don't know where I've stashed the cover to see if it has a female on it, whether this has been added extra or is original I'm not sure.image.jpgimage.jpg