50yrs of R8 and A110 - Easter Meet 2013

OK - let's seeing who's paid and confirmed: (quote and add your name)

Renault8&10 (Kevin) - R1132 (with R1190 as a last minute backup if needed).
PhilSA (Phil) - R1132
JohnW (John) - R1130

Anyone else?
I just opened it at work on a Windows PC and it worked, but I originally edited it on a Mac. Should be no compatibility issues.
Graham, I will email it to you tonight from home to see if that makes a difference, otherwise if you have a Fax number I could fax it somewhere for you?

OK - let's seeing who's paid and confirmed: (quote and add your name)

Renault8&10 (Kevin) - R1132 (with R1190 as a last minute backup if needed).
PhilSA (Phil) - R1132
JohnW (John) - R1130
59Floride (Graham) - Floride

seems you can't quote without adding at least 5 characters.

5 R8's, 1 R8G and a 10S have officially registered so far apparently. Along with 18 4CV's, 5 Dauphines, 1 Caravelle and Floride each, and 2 R4's.
I know there was more people showing interest, so get your registration forms in straight away!

5 R8's, 1 R8G and a 10S have officially registered so far apparently. Along with 18 4CV's, 5 Dauphines, 1 Caravelle and Floride each, and 2 R4's.
I know there was more people showing interest, so get your registration forms in straight away!

Come on guys, that is a pretty modest showing. Must be more of you out there!

I guess I am one of the 18 4CVs. My car is undergoing its major 2 yearly service. I have decided to fix most of which I know is not as good as it could be. I started doing this last week by pulling out the engine and starting on the rebuild. Have pulled out the R10 rack and most of the front end to replace the rack and fit a new set of modern style tierods, and fix the kingpin bushes on the LHS and fit some slightly stiffer front springs, and wind up all the Konis.

The 16TS engine will be rebuilt in its mildish tune, with too much compression (1596cc Alpine pistons) and 25/65 cam with 420 thou lift at the valve. The carb is the original 16TS twin barrel Weber. Might even find time for it to see a dyno to get the fueling a bit closer.

The paint will have to wait another couple of years.

My wife's Dauphine G has had its engine recently rebuilt by her father, who is also bringing down his somewhat modified 4CV. We are having to leave late because of school exams for the children, on the Thursday before Easter. We will hopefully see you all in Temora on the Saturday morning.

I guess I am one of the 18 4CVs. My car is undergoing its major 2 yearly service. I have decided to fix most of which I know is not as good as it could be. I started doing this last week by pulling out the engine and starting on the rebuild. Have pulled out the R10 rack and most of the front end to replace the rack and fit a new set of modern style tierods, and fix the kingpin bushes on the LHS and fit some slightly stiffer front springs, and wind up all the Konis.

The 16TS engine will be rebuilt in its mildish tune, with too much compression (1596cc Alpine pistons) and 25/65 cam with 420 thou lift at the valve. The carb is the original 16TS twin barrel Weber. Might even find time for it to see a dyno to get the fueling a bit closer.

The paint will have to wait another couple of years.

My wife's Dauphine G has had its engine recently rebuilt by her father, who is also bringing down his somewhat modified 4CV. We are having to leave late because of school exams for the children, on the Thursday before Easter. We will hopefully see you all in Temora on the Saturday morning.

Look forward to seeing you all. We leave Perth next Friday afternoon - allowing a lazy 6 days to Junee. Alex is sensibly flying to Wagga on the Thursday!

Cheers

Not long now. Get your registration forms in and accommodation booked if you're coming.
You may find by now that accomm. in Junee is booked out, so other options would be one of the nearby towns in the area.

Car pickup is due for tomorrow, so back on track to take the green car unless the unthinkable happens.
The workshop is just waiting for the calipers to come back from a couple being refurbished. The pistons were quite bad apparently.

Car pickup is due for tomorrow, so back on track to take the green car unless the unthinkable happens.
The workshop is just waiting for the calipers to come back from a couple being refurbished. The pistons were quite bad apparently.

The pistons are hard-chromed and can pit and chip sometimes.

They do appear still on Ebay France and it is a good idea to buy a few. The seal kits are no problem but the supply of pistons is....

Good luck with timing. We leave from Perth on Friday.

Cheers

Well it IS almost Easter, oh you mean Kangaroos, not bunnies? :joker:

Good luck John have a great trip and see you at Junee...watch out for those hopping things.

Thanks for that. It's the big rolly things that are the main issue (semi-trailers...). We'll certainly avoid night travel!

See you next week all being well.

I've just got the latest rego details (get in quick if you're not on the list)

NSW - R1135 replica; R1132 and R1134 confirmed. Two other R1135's likely at least

SA - 3x R1132

VIC - R1135 (I'm guessing, it just said R8G); R10S

WA - R1130 (leaves this Friday I believe)

In terms of 4CV register vehicles not included above there will be at this stage 18 4CVs; 6 Dauphines; 3 Florides; 1 Caravelle and 2 R4's as well. I suspect that's not the biggest roll up they've ever had to a muster but it will still be the biggest gathering of R8 variants in the one place in Australia that I am aware of. We got a good roll up to last years' AFCD but I don't think we had that many.

There is still the possibility of a couple of A110's that I am aware of but not yet registered as well.

Regards
Kevin

Excellent,
I picked mine up on Thursday after a service and full brake rebuild, so the green car will be there afterall.
I'm travelling down on Friday. Yet to finalise route, but may try to meet up with 59 Floride and head down the inland route rather than the gloom hwy.
KB