306 Electrics

Kristian:
Got my car back last night from Paul. Firstly the guy is TOPS! He explained everything to me in detail and was patient with my many questions. For all of those saying I had a bad earth congrats you were correct although he found that the engine temp gauge to be faulty and recalibrated it as well as tightining it up as it was loose. Also the PCV & idle bleed lines were cleaned up. Got a reasonably small list of things that need to be fixed or replaced over the coming months which was what I requested although I expect this to be part of a general service. Though again he explained them in great detail as well as expected costs. He also told me that I'm pushing my oil too far by changing every 10,000kms which I haven't been told before by any mechanic. Going to give the Amsoil a go as the additive he's put in REALLY makes a difference. Sorry about the long post I'm just excited at having my car back running how it should and am in love again :D Thanks for everyone's suggestions including Paul's shop.
Kristian,

I'm delighted to hear your news. You'll be back in the happy land with a properly running 306.

JohnW

YEP :) drives excellent still a little rough on idle sometimes but nothing like it was.

I can say I've fallen in love with her again though :D