The DS Appreciation Thread

I've posted these before but given the current theme, worthy of a revisit. Given the rarity of the colour, decent pics are hard to find..

7Nirx.jpg

YiPDJ.jpg

Matthew :)

I've posted these before but given the current theme, worthy of a revisit. Given the rarity of the colour, decent pics are hard to find..

7Nirx.jpg

YiPDJ.jpg

Not only is that nice, there's an R10, 2 x CX wagons an early 2cv and a r5 in the background!

GreenBlood said:
..Madge from what I've gleaned in this thread is quite fickle, for the most part she appears to have good taste seen with DS19s the last of the DS automatics and everything in between :confused:

Cheers
Chris

Definately BVH... she married into money as you may recall...

7Nirx.jpg

YiPDJ.jpg

Wow, I hadn't realised the bowling clubs were so well patronised, that car park is full.
Not a Standard Vanguard in sight either, such a disappointment :confused:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

cheers
r

No Vangaurds or EJ's. Clearly someone should enlighten those poor Europeans.

A pretty colour for FrankenD, but does he get a bolt on each front guard behind the wheel???

Probably a petanque pitch.

There is a very odd grille at the bottom of each front wing, from a Fiat or something similar, perhaps bolts could be mounted somewhere.

I've covered the metal suture lines, they were in the front valance. Thanks for the idea fritzelhund. Across a corner of the windscreen maybe.
cheers,
r

A pretty colour for FrankenD, but does he get a bolt on each front guard behind the wheel???

I think the M26 bolt goes through the bowls hat that sits on the rear parcel shelf?

Cheers
Chris

Some South African delight.

I don't see BVH cars come up very often in South Africa, but this one looks a dream. Real leather as well, very nice.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 347
Some more archival DS pics

Beautiful local car that was a great low mileage 5 speed originally from Country South Australia, by the boarder with Victoria.

Attachments

• Domain2.jpg
    Domain2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 322
  • Domain4a.jpg
    Domain4a.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 339
  • Domain7.jpg
    Domain7.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 344
Beautiful local car that was a great low mileage 5 speed originally from Country South Australia, by the boarder with Victoria.

Very, very tidy. Brun Scarabee?
Your usual quality of image too, lovely. Thanks for sharing that one.

Tell me, finely furred f(r)iend, just who is boarding with Victoria and is Victoria a good girl? :wink2:

cheers,
r

Victoria took Estelle in whilst Estelle was still quite young, the locals never thought twice about it. It wasn't until much later that their relationship attracted the ire of the somewhat conservative local community. Until now boarding opportunities in country South Australia have been scant for women who prefer the company of women!

Victoria took Estelle in whilst Estelle was still quite young, the locals never thought twice about it. It wasn't until much later that their relationship attracted the ire of the somewhat conservative local community. Until now boarding opportunities in country South Australia have been scant for women who prefer the company of women!

Ahh, I've always loved scant. Memories are made of this :wink2:

I was quite keen on this combination when I first saw it, now I'm not so sure. '65 DS21
source - La DS - Objet de Culte, Fabien Sabates.
roger
redds21-3.jpg

Bleu Platine

Some of these should be familiar to the Victorian contingent.

Attachments

• #1JCDS21.jpg
    #1JCDS21.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 327
  • #2JCDS21.jpg
    #2JCDS21.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 294
  • BKDS.jpg
    BKDS.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 336
  • Bleu-Platine-2.jpg
    Bleu-Platine-2.jpg