Yellow R12 For Sale

Bowie

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Yep It's mine, 90% complete project.

All that's left is to wire it, (connect the wires), fresh tyres, some front suspension bushes, swap out the rear wheel cylinders (have new ones here), install the gear change selector arm thingy and fingers crossed that gives you reverse (spare gearbox included either way), misc bits and bobs, fingers crossed.

I moved house 12m ago and I've spend about 80hrs working on it in that time (is that 10 weekends, I reckon it's been 10 weekends) It occurs to me I like having it here more then I'm looking forward to driving it. Whilst this has been here I've done fsk all work on the race car, and I like driving that more then I will ever this. Finally, another impending change in live circumstance mid year is further motivating the sale.. ..

I have learnt heaps from this thing so time isn't wasted, but I need to be honest that imagining it complete isn't making me as proud / happy as I once identified with starting this project.

$1000 will move it on with all the parts I've collected to finish it. Sale price will include Greg's number (the friendly Romanian I purchased this from so you can keep him upto date with your work).

danboads@gmail.com
0405 114 557

Things still outstanding;

- Reverse as mentioned, Greg rebuild the box, put everything together and I was the first to move it around after it sat at his place for a further 12m. He replaced the original box (which is here) because it was starting to get noisy in 3rd he said. If no good wack the original box in and done.
- Rear window rubber I fsked whilst installing, The window is in but it's not sealing on the passenger left, will need a new rubber or a lot of sikiflex. Rubbers can be sourced easilly from Romania $60 euro)
- Hasn't been started in 12m, will give it ago this afternoon and confident it will be fine, ran great and drove it into position.
- Rear door hoop needs finishing. It's tacked in place, but could be better. Spare window rail is here to expand the gap as you desire, or, find another door.
- Didn't connect any of the locks. I very rarely lock my car anyway, it wasn't going to bother me, it might bother you.

Good things;

- New windscreen, rubbers and very very good interior. Door cards are lovely, and the seats turned up a treat after good cleaning and a dye.
- New dash. Yep, no cracks.
- Bumper bars are great, and are the exterior lenses.
- New grill and fresh badges
- It was built by a Romanian!
- Confident it wont take much to finish, then you can gloat in front of us all.

Finally some pictures of where it sits under my carport

Last edited:
Opps!

Thanks for the interest everyone.

Sold payment pending and heading to a good home.

Yeah it didn't last long. Chap bought it hasn't seen it yet. He picked up some other trim pieces off me a while back so he "knows" of it at least.

Battery is still on charge, I'll be reeving it in the driveway just for old times sake in a bit :p