XUD9 CAMSHAFT DRIVEN VACUUM PUMP - MISSING PART

Halsey

Tadpole
I am marinising an XUD9 and have bought a Jabsco raw water cooling pump which i wish to mount on the end of the cam shaft. The pump mounting flange and input dog is visible in the top left corner of photo 2271. Hopefully i can use the existing vacuum pump "base" as a mount for the water pump (with appropriate machining of the "base"). I was given most of the vacuum pump with the motor but i'm pretty sure i am missing some sort of plate that fits between the vacuum pump base and the end of the head. Photo 2271 below is what i refer to as the "base". In photo 2275 below you will see a gap between the vacuum pump base and the head. There is no reference/drawing or photo of this pump in the Xantia Haynes manual and I cant find one on the internet. Can anyone direct me to this missing item, or provide a part number, or let me know if you have one for sale please. Cheers Halsey

Attachments

• IMG_2271.jpeg
    IMG_2271.jpeg
    616.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2274.jpeg
    IMG_2274.jpeg
    825 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2275.jpeg
    IMG_2275.jpeg
    896.3 KB · Views: 22
I don't see anything missing, the o-ring on the pump can be a bit tight, it looks like it just needs to be bumped into the head a bit further.
1712228026313.png

Thanks. I think i have found out what the issue is. I was given the engine and vacuum pump as two separate parts and it looks like the engine never had (or had a different) vacuum pump fitted. The camshaft has an oil lip seal on the end which comes out more or less flush with the end of the head. The oil seal is 50mm x 35mm x 7mm. The vacuum pump has a cast aluminium spigot which has an o-ring seal on its outer diameter. To get the vacuum pump to fit, i believe i need to remove the 7mm deep oil seal and then the vac pump spigot will slide into where the oil seal came out.