Xsara's Maiden Victory

bjcook

Fellow Frogger
The Cuttaway Hill Wines Citroen Xsara produced its maiden victory in the Australian Production Car Championship. Dane Rudolph qualified 4th in class and battled his way to the lead in the final race after finishing 3rd & 2nd inthe previous 2 races.

This is the first win for Citroen in a National series for decades. I won a couple of state rounds last year in the car, but I'd love a motorsport historian to find the last national win Citroen produced in road racing.

Brendon Cook :banana:

so what day would this race be broadcast on Speedweek ?? Does anybody here have a HDTV tuner card in their PC who could capture the races, convert them to XviD and post them on here for us to watch.

Could you give us a little run down on the strengths of the Xsara at this particular circuit or have you made power and handling improvements since round 6 ??

Congratulations Dane, Brendan, team and sponsors - well done.

Brendon,

Thats awesome news, congratulations. I hope to see the telecast when it airs.

Wasn't there a member of Aussiefrogs who worked at SBS?
If anyone can remember who it is, perhaps they can find out when it oes to air.
Congrats BJ, glad to see it happem for you.
I would suggest that the last Citroen win may have been McLeod when he campaigned the BX16V in the 12 hour production races back in the early '90s

Alan S

Alan S said:
Wasn't there a member of Aussiefrogs who worked at SBS?

There may be...

Though the easiest thing is if someone can catch it out of the air (SD is fine, it's not made in HD). If it's already been to air, I may be able to help.

Alan S said:
I would suggest that the last Citroen win may have been McLeod when he campaigned the BX16V in the 12 hour production races back in the early '90s

Alan S

I thought the Pug 405's won the class that year? Brock's Team.

Damn right!
Looked like an awesome race, but they were driving more like dodgem car drivers.

The Xsara looked like the only car that was a but worried about getting a scratch on the duco!

PS, it was just on Fox Sports :)

-- DJ