Xsara VTS - What's it worth???

Glen172

Tadpole
Hi all,

Unfortunately, my wifes Xsara VTS has to go :( ... she needs an automatic due to a knee injury. The problem is the ridiculously meagre trade-in values being offered by dealers (one offered $7k!) - and now I don't really know what it's worth.

It's a 2002 Xsara VTS with 39,000km. Immaculate inside, exterior very good and very well maintained.

If anyone could give me a ideal of what sort of price I should be asking, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to give it away - its a great car - but I can't afford to be stuck with it for months either.

Cheers, Glen.

Attachments

• VTS front.jpg
    VTS front.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 549
  • VTS side-rear.jpg
    VTS side-rear.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 477
  • VTS interior.jpg
    VTS interior.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 4,058
TRY www.redbook.com.au that should give you a rough idea.
MY guess is around the $15to 17k mark. Most dealers run when they see a Cit as a trade in. The values are great if you are a buyer ...not so good if seeling tho !
Know someone who has just purchased a VTR with 29000k's for $12000...ouch!

Hope that helps , cheers JR

hi glen - youre a poor bastard. stuck with a car that is worth more than the some of its parts, and obviously mor ethan what the 2nd hand market views its value.

its a trait of almost all french cars, as you probably already know.

check out redbook.com for market values, coz this is what alot of dealers use as a "guideline".

youd obviously get more with a private sale, but for a xsara vts? how often does a punter come a round knocking? youd probably have grand children before you sold the vts.

the offer of 7 grand from a dealer seems quite optimistic - on their behalf. if youre looking to trade, i'd shop around for the best price, as one would.

as a private sale, i'd think itd be worth at least high teens.

I'm sorry but 7k is a joke, given it's a done a reasonable amount of kay's for it's age. The problem is that they don't know what to value it at. The Xsara VTS is not exactly a common car.

Have you thought about selling it privately.

Troy.

One should hope you'd get $17k for it.

That's very low mileage!

-- DJ

Edit: Just noticed it doesn't have leather seats or sunroof (Couldn't tell?). If so, make that $15-16k.

Thanks guys,

I think I'll look at a private sale starting around $17k - and see how it goes...I might have to be quite flexible by the look of it. Pity, my wife loves that car, and to sell it for so little is salt in the wound.:cry:

Glen.

Glen172 said:
Thanks guys,

I think I'll look at a private sale starting around $17k - and see how it goes...I might have to be quite flexible by the look of it. Pity, my wife loves that car, and to sell it for so little is salt in the wound.:cry:

Glen.
This is the problem about the PSA productions: expensive with low resale rate, high tech with low reliable.

OK I am the sold VTR owner. I know somebody think 12K is a high price. But think about the car is 30 months old, and I also gave the buyer set 16' alloy wheels that only 2 months old. this price is even low than a Pulser/Lancer. The truth is we are all lost money when you sell you Pug/Cit.

My suggest is set your price a little down to grip the buyer, I know someone sold the VTS at 15K last year and the car details are same as your.

Don't try the next buyer is the best, make sure make a deal as soon as someone check the car even the price are little less than you bottom line. Frankly, I lost the first sale at $13.5K and after 4 months I sold the car at 12K with the extra wheels.

And the last is take time for sell. I think you will be very lucky if you sell the car at the ideal price in 50 days. Good lucky.

In the market for a Xsara

Hi,
I havent had the chance yet to have a proper look at the Citroen Xsara but I really like the look of the car and the features sound great. I have recently sold my car, so i am def in the market for a new one- and am looking around the 15-16k mark.

Am i able to come and test drive your xsara?

Thanks