Xsara Grille and Chevrons.

HONG KONG PUGGY

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Our neighbour had the top chevron and centre grille trim ripped off her Xsara VTS. :nownow: (low-life kids..should rip off one of their 'chevrons' )
Quote form Bris Cit was $600.:eek: ...whole new grille. :mad:
Is there any better palce for CIt parts? S/h or new..
She also wants to replace the black strip below the spoiler, that was her fault.
Chris.

Well you could try Martin Bray over in Adelaide. He dismantles late model Cits and I think he has stripped a Xsara or two. Don't know which models sorry, but worth a try. His number's 08 83836207.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that the chevrons on newer Cits are morphing into boomerangs? Apart from being so much larger than the older badges, they actually appear to be angled more widely than they used to. Or is it just my imagination?
Cheers,

Thanks Brett,
I might call him and see. The grilles look remarkably similar, but you know car companies, they will be just different enuff to not be interchangable.

Dam those kids, one souvenier and it could possibly cost my neighbour $600. The top chevron on a Xsara is connected to the trim that runs all the way across the grille, which is why it'll be so much. If I catch a kid rippin anything off my car and get my hands on them I may use the old mid-east traditionof cutting off the hand. May-be, "Oh sorry officer, his fingers just snapped as I held his hand. ":joker:

this is the one

details of the grille arrangement you need

Attachments

• grille.JPG
    grille.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,316
Bluey said:
Through personal experience, the citroen wrecker in Adelaide is expensive and a rogue. Last person i would buy citroen parts off.

www.partslocator.com.au

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, however I must beg to differ. I have had the need to exchange parts with Martin in the past and this was achieved without any difficulty or fuss. Another owner I know from NSW recently had a second hand sphere fail, which he acquired from Martin. He's advised me that Martin cheerfully exchanged it promptly, free of charge. To me, at least, this behaviour doesn't seem to be consistent with what one might expect from a 'rogue'. From the comments I have read by other forum users, my understanding is that he is generally held in good esteem amongst the Oz Citroen fraternity (please feel free to disagree anyone, I'd be pleased to know) so your opinion would appear to be in the minority. I would suggest though that if you are inclined to impugn a persons reputation you should have the guts to state your reasons for this, and therefore I personally don't give any credence at all to your opinion Bluey.

For the record I have bought parts from Martin Bray occasionally over the last 3 or so years. I'm not related to him, don't see (or have ever seen him) socially, and as far as I'm aware we don't have any mutual friends...

No Problems With Mr Bray

Always found the man good to deal with though his payment methods are a little old fashioned but thats his choice :cheers:

ARCHRIVAL said:
Always found the man good to deal with though his payment methods are a little old fashioned but thats his choice :cheers:
I agree totally, bought some stuff very recently and couldn't be happier with the service or prices.

Yeah, someone has 'borrowed' :rolleyes: one of the chevrons off my CX too.... b@stards never did return it, I'll have to replace it someday.

seeya,
Shane L.

Hi, Guys, this is a stupid situation we faced: we pay the top dollors for the citroen parts! :cry: I search this part(7804K3) in the China market and the result is $624, but this is China RMB, as you can see, it's only Au$100! what a bloody dealer...............:evil:
Who is interest to make a overseas buy? totally should cost around Au$ 250. we need a dealer in china and a forward company here. My wife work for forward company so it's not a problem.

With my car it's only a Chevron ... I've probably got another 1/2dozen of them on parts cars :)

seeya,
Shane L.

lee said:
Hi, Guys, this is a stupid situation we faced: we pay the top dollors for the citroen parts! :cry: I search this part(7804K3) in the China market and the result is $624, but this is China RMB, as you can see, it's only Au$100! what a bloody dealer...............:evil:
Who is interest to make a overseas buy? totally should cost around Au$ 250. we need a dealer in china and a forward company here. My wife work for forward company so it's not a problem.
Lee, are you saying you can get me a grille for $250AU landed here? I'll order one with your order if you are getting one.

CHris

HONG KONG PUGGY said:
Lee, are you saying you can get me a grille for $250AU landed here? I'll order one with your order if you are getting one.

CHris
Hi, Mate I am think what we can do for these expensive parts: I will try to connect some friend living in China and have a look that. China have some of the citroen models but not all of them. let's try lucky.

I would suggest though that if you are inclined to impugn a persons reputation you should have the guts to state your reasons for this, and therefore I personally don't give any credence at all to your opinion Bluey.
What's guts got to do with it?

At work we needed to replace a door on a certain model citroen. We spoke to the wrecker over the phone prior to purchase to determine the generation of the model, i.e: Mk1, Mk2 etc. They then delivered the wrong generation door after specifically being told. The door was delivered in its entirity with all trim and accessories. Being the wrong generation, the electrics and the latch mechanism did not match and the latch and loom from the original door could not be swapped over. The door was sent back, (although a negative experience overall, exchange and transport with this wrecker is good).
The wrecker then decided to charge our customer an extra 40% for the replacement part. Courier costs were another 40% of the original price, so our customer payed 80% more than they should have had the wrecker got it right the first time.
When we received the 2nd door absolutely everything had been stripped from it. They had been so stingy in their measures that they had drilled out the rivets mounting the motor in the door before realising the motor couldn't be removed, in so doing damaging the mounts. We couldn't remount the motor and it is now unserviceable. Many parts from the original door couldn't be salvaged so the current door on the car is missing them.

So my points for my claim are:
*knowingly delivering the wrong part
*charging extra on exchange for the same part costing our customer 80% extra
*delivering the second door in a state not the same as the first
*damaging the door so that the motor is inoperable

My work constantly acquires PSA parts new and used. It will never purchase parts off this wrecker again.

Bluey said:

So my points for my claim are:
*knowingly delivering the wrong part
*charging extra on exchange for the same part costing our customer 80% extra
*delivering the second door in a state not the same as the first
*damaging the door so that the motor is inoperable

My work constantly acquires PSA parts new and used. It will never purchase parts off this wrecker again.

As I stated in my previous post you are entitled to your opinion, however if you make derogatory comments about another person in a public manner such as on this forum, I personally don't believe it unreasonable that some justification for said comments should be forthcoming. And yes I think to slag off another person without justification is a gutless thing to do. You've stated your justification tonight for your point of view (which I respect your right to hold) however the point is that at the time you made your remarks, you didn't. As I stated in my previous post I beg to differ re Mr Bray, I have had no problems with him at all over several years, however I do acknowledge that you have; doubtless our opinions will continue to differ on this point but thanks for responding.
Regards,

Lucky neighbour.

I returned to an empty parking space where I parked my car yesterday to catch a train to work.... :(

pips

pips said:
Lucky neighbour.

I returned to an empty parking space where I parked my car yesterday to catch a train to work.... :(

pips
Argh, another stolen froggie? Are they becoming a little more attractive to thieves or are they realizing what we all know, better cars?

That sucks Pips, hope you get it back.

HONG KONG PUGGY said:
Thanks Brett,
I might call him and see. The grilles look remarkably similar, but you know car companies, they will be just different enuff to not be interchangable.

Dam those kids, one souvenier and it could possibly cost my neighbour $600. The top chevron on a Xsara is connected to the trim that runs all the way across the grille, which is why it'll be so much. If I catch a kid rippin anything off my car and get my hands on them I may use the old mid-east traditionof cutting off the hand. May-be, "Oh sorry officer, his fingers just snapped as I held his hand. ":joker:

Those damn kids in QLD must have flown down here in Geelong. Just this morning I saw a red Xsara coupe with a missing chevron. It wasn't involved in accident from what I saw, but rather the chevrons were ripped off!! The Xsara looks funny without the chevron, like a face without a nose. Anybody tries that with my Xsara, they'll be floating in the Barwon River.:nownow:

Yeah, I told my wifeanyone I catch trying to lift a logo off either the Xsara or the Scenic may suffer a middle-eastern type punishment...you sin with the hand, off it comes.
You get the old, claim it on insurance. Sure the excess may-be only $300,& the grille $600, but premium goes up by heaps the next year and doesn't come back down for a while then either.