XM

Warwick2.. Dtwo..

Hmmm.... I disagree on both counts, but then I'm a bit like that :p and you guys are only stirring anyway.

Currently driving a '91 XM with 170k on the dial so 11-12 years old depending on it's actual build date. Given that the car is using the manufacturing technology of the time (as we are comparing to a new car) I've got to say mine is still very tight, with very few creaks or groans, having said that I guess anyone driving any Citroen before the C5 would be very used to noises in their cars. My car is the series 1 Hydractive and with the driving I do, I am happy to leave it in the auto suspension setting, it seems to deal with most driving situations changing to the firm ride if I am giving it a bit of a hurry along on the twisties;)

I have had the recent displeasure of riding in 2002 build Holdens and Fords and the XM is no more creaky or groany and certainly gives a far superior ride. (But then I am a little biased wink )

As for the C5 it too is a large heavy hatch, and as with all Citroens before, it's kind of love them or hate them in terms of styling. Most confirmed Citheads have to deal with each new model and accept compromises in styling to accommodate mass appeal, but as each model ages we become fonder e.g. I hated the CX when it first hit our shores, can’t help making comparisons with it’s predecessor, now I see it as being a superb shape for it's time. No the C5 won’t be remembered on it’s good looks, but it is far from ugly IMO. If fact I’m kinda liking it the more I see it, bah must be getting old!!

Cheers
Chris