Will these alloy rims from a Peugeot 307 fit on my Peugeot 206?Do i need spacers?

UserFromInternet

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hey guys.
I have a Peugeot 206 2012 generation and a guy offered me 4 17-inch alloy rims from a Peugeot 307.
The problem is that i don't know it they will fit perfectly or even if i will need to use spacers.
These are the alloy rims:
image_alloy_rims.JPG

This is the specification:
image_alloy_rims2.JPG

Will them fit alright? What are your thoughts??

As these are not Peugeot specific rims the ET shown needs to be known as this is the offset. The photo seems to show the ET figure removed or filled in...probably just the photo angle.

Anyone know the offset for 206 and 307s?

As these are not Peugeot specific rims the ET shown needs to be known as this is the offset. The photo seems to show the ET figure removed or filled in...probably just the photo angle.

Hey pal, thanks for replying!
Yeah, they told me they should fit but i'm not sure at all. Could you please help me to figure it out?

Take a look, they sent me this photo:
image_alloy_rims3.jpg

Another one:
image_alloy_rims4.jpg

Offset for both 206 and 307 is ET20 so these wheels have ET27, 7mm more positive offset probably to take into account the wider rims to fit under the body work and not sit outside the panels

Offset for beginners

This calculator show ET30 offset suitable in 17in

6.6kg is not a bad weight from standard alloys but heavier than normal steel rims

You will need to confirm correct tyre size based on Peugeot spec size on door pilar sticker not size currently fitted to upside to 17"

If you can try one on without the trye fitted they can check if any clashing with body work/ inner guard/suspension!!

You may need to have speedo corrected via dealer or someone with PP2000

Offset for both 206 and 307 is ET20 so these wheels have ET27, 7mm more positive offset probably to take into account the wider rims to fit under the body work and not sit outside the panels

Offset for beginners

6.6kg is not a bad weight from standard alloys but heavier than normal steel rims

You will need to confirm correct tyre size based on Peugeot spec size on door pilar sticker not size currently fitted to upside to 17"

If you can try one on without the trye fitted they can check if any clashing with body work/ inner guard/suspension!!

Hey pal, thanks for replying!. You rock!!
I want to use tires 205/40 R17. Do you think it would be alright?

I dont how how to check this: "You will need to confirm correct tyre size based on Peugeot spec size on door pilar sticker not size currently fitted to upside to 17"

Offset for beginners

What do you recommend me to do?

Offset for beginners

Based on what you told me Offset for both 206 and 307 is ET27 and these wheels have ET20, 7mm negative offset. Am i right?

Going by UK website which are more relevant to AU ET27 is correct

And tyre size 205/40/17 is the correct size.

You want to stay away from fitting spacers as illegal for road use in most states.

Still wouldn't just order online without some guarantee if they don't fit as only going by info on net as no one else has piped In to confirm.

What tyre size do you currently have fitted?

You want to stay away from fitting spacers as illegal for road use in most states.

Still wouldn't just order online without some guarantee if they don't fit as only going by info on net as no one else has piped In to confirm.

I have not purchased just yet and these 17-inch alloy rims are not brand new, they are used.
1) My PEUGEOT 206 2012 currently has R14, not sure about the exact number but it is the standard size.
2) Based on what you told me about that Peugeot 206 has ET27 and these rims have ET20, it should fit?

You want to check with your insurance company. They may not cover you with the different size.
Last time I enquired, they would allow only 1 inch up from the standard fitting. I vaguely remember the larger size had to be available with the car, either standard or as an option.
For example, my 307 came with 205/55/16. Earlier 307s came with 15 inch, and 17 inch was an option for my car. But if the tyre wasn't an option when new, then they either needed an engineer's report to approve, or they would deny insurance coverage.

I just checked: my current tyres are: 175 65 R14

7" wide according to photos above. A few assumptions as OP is expecting the wheel seller to be 100% knowledgeable as as noted the UK websites differ on offset for late model 206.
Hey!, i guess both late 206 and 207 may have the same offset.

7" wide according to photos above. A few assumptions as OP is expecting the wheel seller to be 100% knowledgeable as as noted the UK websites differ on offset for late model 206.
Yep - edited up post to 7" rim. Plus sizing 3 steps is a big jump, and while 40 profile tyre gives just 0.5" increase in diameter, it is a very aggressive profile!

Yep - edited up post to 7" rim. Plus sizing 3 steps is a big jump, and while 40 profile tyre gives just 0.5" increase in diameter, it is a very aggressive profile!
I'm not quite sure based on the result thrown by the calculator if the alloy rims + tyres will fit on the Peugeot 206